I have a problem with loader not having much pushing power. I seen that many other poeple have had issues with this but no one replied what they did to fix it. I have replaced main pump, main hydraulic motor and new pressure relief. Pressures at drive motor 2500 psi. steering and lift work excellent. new oil and filter was changed went new hydraulic motor replaced.
2500 PSI seems very low for a hydrostatic transmission. It's more the pressure the loader hydraulics should be. My skid steer hydro is 3750 PSI and some are 4500 PSI or higher. Are the pump and motor you replaced the same specs. (pressure and GPM) as OEM? What shape are the hoses in?
Hoses look good I replaced the the main hose from pump to valve because this is an articulating loader and hose had wear and i thought maybe it could be collapsed but no luck there either, Hoses good from valve to motor, I've seen other post with same problem but no one says what they found.This is about a 1990 year
Try to find out what the specs. for the hydrostatic pump and motor are and if the pressure is adjustable with what you have or if you need a different relief valve. I'd wager the pressure is too low. Flow will affect speed but pressure affects the power/torque of the drive motor. Also make sure a brake(s) aren't dragging.
I check brakes and no problem there but I think I will try the pressure when it warms up and stops snowing. Thank you
You need the original specs. for the pressure.
i have the OEM Manuels for this loader that came with it. It says that 2500 is the pressure. I haven't checked the pressures after running it for a little while.
Is the 2500 PSI listed specifically for the hydrostatic pump? A lot of specs. only list the implement hydraulic setting. Does it list the make and model of the pump and drive motor? Does the hydrostat have it's own filter seperate from the implement hydraulics? If the hydrostatic pressure is at spec. you might just not have much pushing power. Do any of the wheels spin when pushing into a pile?
no spinning The manual shows the hydrostatic drive pressure test but Im not sure on if its seperate from hoist only one filter
This unit has a stacked hydraulic pump so the back pump runs the hoist and the front runs the drive,
The hydrostat pump should be much different than the implement pump. They likely share the same reservoir and filter though. Can you take a pic. of the pumps and drive motor? Maybe it's hydraulic drive but not hydrostatic but that's not very common. Early greensmowers for golf courses had hydraulic drive that wasn't hydrostatic but they don't need the pushing power/torque of something like a loader.
Im sorry calling this Hydrosatic it's a Hydraulic pump supplying hydraulic oil to a Hydraulic Motor driving a transfer case to front and rear standard differentials. This probably why the pressure difference, Pumps use much less.
It could still be hydrostatic.