Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

want info on UNIT crane/excavator

spaghettiwestrn ยท 2011-10-26 16:57

Beating the bushes for spec. sheets, dragline capacity charts, photos, sales literature on the UNIT 271-C crane/dragline/pullshovel. This unique 1 cubic yard excavator/crane was manufactured from 1961-early '70's. THANKS!

Replies7
  1. #1racolton2011-12-20 02:27

    Did you have any luck finding information about the Unit equipment? My Grandpa has a dragline and a shovel that I'm considering buying, but I'd like to find some sort of documentation for them before diving in.

  2. #2ror76a2011-12-20 12:43

    I have some information on Unit Crane & Shovel. We currently own one Unit crane and a couple of Unit excavators. racolton, do you have any pictures you can post of the machines? The year, S/N, and model are on a tag on the top right side of the gear box next to the drums. If you decide you don't want them, I might be interseted in buying them, particularly the shovel.

  3. #3racolton2011-12-20 13:27

    I do have some pictures, but I don't think my post count is high enough to attach them to the message. I have them posted on my personal website, though: http://www.thecoltons.org/unit They look rough, but they both work. My hope is to use the dragline for making a pond on my not-yet-purchased property, but I don't really have a use for the shovel, so I was going to fix it up to be more presentable and then sell it off. (That won't be until 2013, though, too much work to do!) Thanks for the info on the data plates, I'll take a look at them the next time I head out that way.

  4. #4spaghettiwestrn2011-12-20 16:00

    No....have not had any responses to my query on the UNIT 271-C (1 cubic yard/25 ton) machine. It seem's that info on that particular model is non-existent. The machines in the pics from your link look like smaller 1/2 or 3/4 yard types. Info on those may be easier to find. Thank's for asking.

  5. #5ror76a2011-12-23 10:31

    spaghettiwestrn, I have some info on the 271. I will see if I can scan it and get back to you.

  6. #6spaghettiwestrn2011-12-23 13:46

    thank you ror76a, any info you can share would help a great deal

  7. #7spaghettiwestrn2011-12-26 22:15

    A huge Thank You goes to ror76a for answering the questions I had concerning the 271-C :notworthy. And Thank's to this forum for being here when I needed it.:drinkup All of you have a safe and happy new year!