Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

weird grove cranes

hiluxman ยท 2011-10-20 21:37

we have all seen grove cranes but i dont think many people have seen these cranes they dont even look like a grove http://www.hydro-crane.com/grove/index.htm

Replies4
  1. #1saddleup822011-10-21 02:47

    hi yall!! i am trying to navigate thru here. and it tells me i need to post here! i have alot of questions..does any one know of a good forum to post in for beginners?

  2. #2classictruckman2011-10-24 20:07

    Yes, I have seen a few of those for sale on machinery trader.com

  3. #3liebherr11602011-10-24 22:44

    Ive run the RT58 through Rt63.. I can promise that in the future I well call in dead before I run them again ..

  4. #4renovator2011-10-27 21:02

    I worked for a big electrical contractor in the late 70's that had a fleet of these. I think they were P & H and Galion. They were great around those big switchyards with decent reach. I believe they were designed to be a pick and carry machine. The boom rotated around the cab on all but one that they had. You wanted to keep your work in front of you or get a stiff neck. They all had 4 cylinder Detroits in them. The exhaust was at ground level so they were quite stinky. That was big iron for us, so we thought they were cool.