Looking for a few year round equipment operator/ part time mechanic / CDL-A is a must. Pay depends on several things. I have some municipality contracts grading roads and plowing snow and can get more of them. Hard to find guys that can pass DOT and have a CDL. Can’t find much good help today. Willing to train the right person for sure. Can-Do Attitude is everything. I have a gravel pit and a full machine shop here and can fix pretty much anything in an engine or transmission / running gear. but I’m having health issues and my body won’t keep up with demand. It’s only been -25 to -30 most of this past month (usually the worst part of winter) but it’s not normal here to be much below zero for more than a week. Zip code 99611/99635 and 99610/99669 areas if you are looking online. Shoot me a pm or comment or whatever.
It’s like nobody up here can pass a UA anymore. Maybe they can pass it once, but not twice in a row. Or, even a DOT medical exam. Good luck. I’ll pass the word. Finding people in the Valley has been difficult, too.
If you needed a wrench puller and was 2 on 2 off I'd be on my way. Just not in the cards to move full time for me right now.
It’s being called a “de-population bomb” up here. Our workforce numbers are dropping. I know of a couple outfits considering building bunkhouses, so they can cater to out-of-state employees. Sure, that’s normal for remote places, but not for Anchorage & the MatSu. Anchorage’s de-population bomb continues to exacerbate critical workforce shortage “Help Wanted” signs will likely remain a fixture for many Anchorage businesses in the coming years, as a declining and rapidly aging population further exacerbates the lack of potential workers. alaskawatchman.com
I just bought a 50’ ATCO for that exact reason
Need a place to sleep at the pit. Hey it’s lake front property. Lol.
Very possible
Too bad it's not near Wasilla. I work a 3 & 3. Always busy on R&Rs (I joke I head to the slope for a break haha)but some of that doesn't pay that great.
Thanks a bunch for posting it up. I am on the wrong end of my career, so not your guy.
Wild! My boss was saying they've been trying to hire a driver at a location. Offering to foot CDL training has gotten more interest in the last few weeks than a year of looking for someone with a CDL with some experience.
I never realized how much equipment you had.
Send me a message Nothing wrong with discussing it
uhhh................nope!
I'd be more concerned about a pissed off moose than that cute little black feller, it' them big ole' brown ones ya gotta worry about.
Most of the times my yard moose just go.. nom nom nom on branches and barely give me the side eye
Til fornicating season comes around or momma has a calf with her. Maybe your moose is eating the "special" bushes and is really mellow.
How about noooooooooo Cyril.? I wish you well in your search for somebody though.
Were growing this past year, my dad was content to just putz around and pay bills the last 20 or so years. But yeah, This is just the front yard.
Now that the federal mafioso has turned CDL licenses into a racket its close to $10K for a Class A, and if you already have your permit and some experience its about $6K I have one guy that wants his CDL pretty bad, and according to our local C ommercial Driver Training shop there's state and federal grant programs that help with costs of the training and such. Its based on individual income, and then also that you as an employer would keep that person working vs layoff for a CDL driver.
The CDL business is an absolute racket. One of those things that looks good on paper to politicians and suburban voter types but has no bearing on reality on the ground.