Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wanted Joy stick controls 580K

fatman618 ยท 2014-04-11 01:49

I am looking for a set of joystick controls for a Case 580K extend a hoe. If anyone has a set for sale or trade for case controls please let me know. Any advice on where to find a set would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Replies25
  1. #1Desertwheeler2014-04-11 02:19

    Their are some case specialty dismantlers out their I just can't remember their names. Do a web search for used case backhoe parts.

  2. #2PDG X2014-04-12 16:55

    Don't think Case put joystick controls in until the M Series ?

  3. #3fatman6182014-04-12 20:30

    I am referring to wobble sticks not Joy sticks.....sorry for the confusion.

  4. #4oceanobob2014-04-12 22:05

    All these parts are available individually in the parts manual, from what we have learned there can be kits available, but as the tractors age they become scarcer. The kits aren't shown in the parts manuals because they are assembled as an aid to the dealers to make a sale... So indeed, look for them from dismantler...

  5. #5fatman6182014-04-14 01:14

    Anybody aware of some salvage yards in Missouri, Kentucky or Illinois? Will wobble controls out of a 580L work on the 580K?

  6. #6Truck 5052014-04-14 08:18

    Check your Case dealer. They may have a used set laying around from a conversion.

  7. #7Tuna2014-04-14 09:19

    I've had good luck with Schaefer Enterprises, they are in Wolf Lake, IL for used parts. Hope this helps.

  8. #8Tinkerer2014-04-14 09:27

    Like these ? They are in a machine that was in an auction. Salvage yards somewhere will surely have a set.

  9. #9mikey12014-04-15 08:31

    broken tractor is a dismantling yard they may be able to help you

  10. #10rickw2014-04-16 06:28

    try these guys Equipment salvage inc 11275 E Pike Rd, Cambridge, OH 43725 (740) 439-5512. I bought a set of used controls from them. They R good guys and will ship to you and they will send a paid shipping label to ship your controls back. I have bought several things from them. They seem to specialize in Case 580's. They have new and used parts. I bought packing kits, bucket teeth, glass ect from them also.

  11. #111466IH2014-04-16 16:19

    +1 for schaefers in wolf lake. About all they have is case equipment. Luckily when I swapped my 590 over I found someone that had one for sale with the 2 stick and asked if I went out and swapped his sticks for mine would he be OK with it and what would it cost me and he said go for it and he was selling it anyway so as long as everything was back together and functional when I left he didn't want anything for them so that may be an idea to. Look for some that are for sale and call and ask if they will swap you. All they can say is no Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  12. #12melben2014-04-16 21:59

    Don't forget, when changing to 2 lever from foot swing the swing spool return spring should be changed as well, the foot swing has a stronger return swing due to the extra linkage and pedals and the 2 lever will have stiffer lever effort unless the proper spring is used, IIRC they are color coded, at least on the later series hoes, check with your dealer.

  13. #13fatman6182014-04-17 00:16

    Yes

  14. #14fatman6182014-05-13 23:41

    No luck.....anyone?

  15. #15Bill Smith2014-05-14 07:30

    Whats the differance in joysticks and wobble sticks ?

  16. #16melben2014-05-14 08:05
  17. #17fatman6182014-05-14 09:51

    Joysticks are Pilot controls like in a excavator Wobble sticks are manual 2 lever controls like John Deere

  18. #18Tinkerer2014-05-14 14:10

    Here is a link to another website. http://www.e-backhoeparts.com/ The owner is named Dale and he has a salvage yard with a lot of Case machines. He has helped me many times with used, new, and aftermarket parts. His family owned a Case dealership and he still has parts left. His knowledge of Case construction equipment is amazing.

  19. #19dixon7002014-05-14 21:04

    Why doesn't anyone like case controls with foot pedal swing. I just paid for my 580sk and was playing with it Tuesday and kind of liked the case controls and most of the other hoes were the 2 4 way joy sticks, but I don't mind the case controls.

  20. #20pwking132015-08-28 13:23

    Looking for the same thing for my Cat 416 Series II extend a hoe, just bought it at a good price, for some reason it has Case controls,5 sticks and swing pedals, which are sticking and hard to centralize. I've for the last 44 yrs. ran mostly Cat equipment and can't seem to get used to the sticks, I believe the wobble sticks are so much simpler, although I have ran mostly Cat hoes and excavators, even the Case 680K we had had Cat wobble sticks. i'd swap the controls from my 416 with anybody that had wobbles sticks in a heart beat.

  21. #21Ranger9002015-11-16 21:39

    Does anyone have a diagram or pictures.as to how to.change the control linkages so the 2 stick control is like cat controls?

  22. #22D Grade2015-11-17 10:30

    I ask the same thing, I like Case controls better than Pilot and WAY better than wobbles.

  23. #23D Grade2015-11-17 10:50

    I do. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you (its a PDF).

  24. #24rickw2015-11-19 14:39

    If you buy the tower from salvage yard, you just rove clevis pins and unbolt tower then set new tower on and linkages line right up. It is very simple except for changing spool spring on the swing.

  25. #25RonG2015-11-19 15:22

    I liked the foot swing back in the old days when I was still smoking.I smoked a pipe all my life and the accumulation of two or three swing functions allowed me to relight my pipe or whatever else it needed.Ron G