Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580B broke throttle shaft…errr

jamby ยท 2014-04-09 21:57

Hi Went to move some sand around and suddenly I didn't have any throttle, hand or foot. Put a wire around the lever behind the shuttle pedal and limped it back home. Looking it over I can see the throttle shaft moving but under the shuttle lever, that rides on the throttle shaft, nothing is moving beyond that. Now the ugly part. The area where this is located is behind everything. I am thinking of trying to pull the fuel tank off and get access to the shaft from above. Anyone else ever had to fix this shaft?? Thanks Jim

Replies2
  1. #1jamby2014-04-10 18:54

    1973 Case 580B backhoe. Does anyone know if the round pipe that sits between the two upper frame legs, can be removed with out taking the hoe off the frame? Thanks Jim

  2. #2jamby2014-04-16 20:58

    Hi again, Well the shaft is broken in half. Pulled the steering column back to the seat and was able to get at it. Got a replacement part and hoping the mechanic can come by and reinstall everything. Jamby