Hey just thought I'd ask if anyone on here would possibly know where I I could get a chip for my 740b Volvo the year is a 2003. Or if anyone knows how I can get more power out of it cause it is really gutless. Thank ya any info would be great.
no answers or comments any one
I'm sure some one makes a programmer for it. First what are you doing, what material and how fast? 9 out of ten times on my calls, a guy is trying to push a D5 and thinks it is a D11.
Doin general grader work plowing snow build oilfield roads and road maintenance. I know it's gutless cause we have a sister machine that will do circles around this one. And the injection pump has already been changed. All the commons have been checked And are good.
Lots to look at.Hyd pulling more than they shoul.d Turbo,Air cleaner.A chip might be last answer.
most every thing you have listed has been checked out and yes we have checked air cleaner thats what the first thing any body should check we have our mechanic shop also with licensed diesel mechanics here. im mainly looking to see if anyone knows were i might be able to find a chip for the machine
btt bump
Sounds to me like your injection pump timing is off. Kinda easy to get out of wack when replacing the pump. If I remember correctly volvo wants it set at 7 degrees I usually set them at about 10 to 11 degrees. The D10 engines were a pretty decent engine for power and torque and there is no power modules for them. With the timing bumped up and your boost and feed pressures are up to snuff you won 't have any more complaints about power.