Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wanting To Help

BaserJeffrey ยท 2023-08-17 11:06

I am seeking out folks who might need the equipment they have or purchase to be moved. I am on the logistics side of this and want to help out anyone wanting to get an item from Point A to Point B. You can reach me: (507)258-5566 ext. 1007 or [email protected]

Replies13
  1. #1chidog2023-08-17 17:20

    So do you have the trucks or farm that work out? Like a broker? Whats a good price to move a D8K from Mid California to Seattle area. Approximately?

  2. #2willie592023-08-17 20:52

    Forum rules allow someone promoting a product or service to make one introductory post in a thread about the product or service. This is considered your introductory post, all replies are to be made at this thread.

  3. #3BaserJeffrey2023-08-18 08:19

    Good Morning Chidog I am a Freight Agent, working under a Broker. We do have our own trucks and "farm" out loads. I took your information you provided to get a D8K (Dozer) from Mid California (I used Fresno, Ca) to Seattle, Wa to get approx. 930 mile journey. Since it is a oversized load, you will have to have permits which my quote includes. The cost would be $9250 USD This quote only covers transportation, and the rate may chance if the distance or location is not where I used as a reference. If this is something you want to consider, please reach out to my email: [email protected] or call me (507)258-5566 ext. 1007 or my cell (507)517-7081 Getting your contact information would be great for this or any future interactions.

  4. #4IceHole2023-08-18 14:05

    Dang. The guy I use charges $180 an hour.

  5. #5BaserJeffrey2023-08-18 14:38

    That is why a lot of people lose, you have people just trying to grab money!! If you have equipment you need moved, reach out to me and let's talk!!

  6. #6chidog2023-08-18 15:17

    I suppose there is another tax charge added to that, since this state is about 10%?

  7. #7BaserJeffrey2023-08-18 15:53

    No, That would be the total for the load. No other fees or tax.

  8. #8IceHole2023-08-18 17:38

    Fairly standard rate around here. We pilot car our own loads though.

  9. #9chidog2023-08-19 15:57

    So yeah at 180 / hour, then it should be more like a 6K deal then?

  10. #10Truck Shop2023-08-19 18:03

    Keyboard stall.

  11. #11IceHole2023-08-19 21:40

    No idea, most my loads are 2-3hrs max.

  12. #12BaserJeffrey2023-08-21 14:22

    How do you rate it at 6K deal...there are to many variables to come into play just to crack off a number like 6K...are permit involved, is it an oversized loads, what distance do you have to travel. When I quote I learn all the variables and quote accordingly, I see too many people/companies who make quotes that puts the client at risk! I just learned of a case where the client lost $40,000 over a shipment, which they will not recover. This may put that client out of business. I try to avoid such costly errors.

  13. #13BaserJeffrey2023-08-21 14:23

    Do you mean they only travel 2 to 3 hours? Are you driving them?