Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Waratah HTH 622B on John Deere 853mh

Trixx209 · 2019-03-05 06:22

Ok recently gotten a waratah 622b brand new . And been having issues with it since new . John Deere has been here more times then I can count but I was wondering if anyone could send me what there using for pressures and the calibration curve so I can base what I have to those that are working smoothly . It seems to be lifting off the wood and we’ve calibrated with calipers a few times anything would help . I can explain more as we go if needed . I went from a Ponsse bear with the h8 to this and it’s a big change

Replies5
  1. #1Plebeian2019-03-05 16:29

    As the waratah is new and under warranty, any solutions to any problems at this stage are most appropriately sort through official bodies (dealer, dealer support - John Deere/ Waratah). Have you kept a record of every site visit by John Deere/ waratah? Re-read up on Canadian consumer law as to what are reasonable expectations of product performance, duties of the dealer to the customer - what a fair repair time frame is etc. Canadian consumer law http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca02965.html waratah support/ warranty- north america https://waratah.com/contact-us.html The waratahs are fully tested on a hydraulic test bed before they are shipped. There may be a manufacturing fault deep in a valve bank, that did not happen during the test bed test (no track machine vibration, shaking etc) , electrical issue (water in the winter rain), a loose flake of material in the feller buncher's hydraulics getting into the waratah's hydraulics at installation etc. I would suggest negotiating sending the machine/ head sent back to a dealer's yard with a few test logs. John Deere/ waratah would have a number of this combination (machine/ head) so they should know what is the best pathway at some point. Potentially a reinstall of another 622B and control system. --------------- Canadian head built for canadian conditions - axis x25 (similar size to 622B)

  2. #2Trixx2092019-03-06 06:48

    Thanks for the detailed answer ! I’ll see what I can get going . The biggest issue is we have one waratah guy for the entire province and he goes into Quebec and into Maine . He would probably know but he’s hard to get tracked down .

  3. #3Trixx2092019-03-06 06:55

    One other thing . We’re blowing o rings like no tomorrow 1719 hours on the head and machine and must have went threw 40 o rings . I know if they come loose it will blow them but sometimes it’s all you can do just to get the hose off . Any ideas there ?

  4. #4John C.2019-03-06 11:30

    Was the new Waratah installed on a used carrier? Who did the install, Deere or independent wrench? I've not heard of many problems at all on new processors installed on new machines by one of the franchised machinery dealers. Waratah is usually pretty good at support as well.

  5. #5bossie8532020-02-04 06:54

    how are you making out now? i had alot of those issues, resolved alot of them but its really to bad the waratah head is so picky