Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Warning Light DSL 601

planecrazzzy ยท 2012-07-04 17:43

Hey Guys, I have a yellow warning light w/exclamation point... Hyd oil was a pinch low , so I added a half gallon... Level is good , but the light still comes on... Any advise ? . 1998 Daewoo 601 . Gotta Fly... Mike & "Jaz" the Flying Dogz . .

Replies5
  1. #1crewchief8882012-07-28 10:44

    not familiar with this model, on many brands of eq a hyd warning light may mean a few things, low charge pressure plugged filter high hyd oil temp cause of the might could be all or none of the above could be a bad switch/sender, wiring issue or switch/sender disconected :drinkup

  2. #2planecrazzzy2012-07-28 11:11

    The Machine is new to me... I need to go through Filters and write the hrs down to start some kind of Maintenance log... I'm gonna rule out "High Temp".... since it does this at start up... Not sure what "Charge Pressure" is.... Hydraulics seem to work great... even with grapple attachment... . Not a bad Idea about changing the filter... . . Thanks for the reply.... This might help others with the same issue... . Gotta Fly...

  3. #3crewchief8882012-07-28 18:33

    charge pressure oil is "involved" with the drive system escpecially with a "new to me" machine, it's usually a good idea to change all the filters. not sure with your daewoo, but bobcat ( and many other OEM's recommend 250hrs or once a year PM maint. :drinkup

  4. #4planecrazzzy2012-07-28 19:43

    I have tanks on the left and right under the cab..... I added some hyd oil... But I can't tell how much to add... Do you think they are still low ? Seems like the steering/Drive reserve...? . Gotta Fly...

  5. #5planecrazzzy2016-11-02 21:22

    ! those side tanks were the problem..... No way to check the level, but I started pouring in hyd oil.... 5 gals at a time... 2-1/2 ea side... I put almost 20 gals in it.... finally...the light went off. I ran it after adding 15 gals... the yellow light still flickered... 5 more and it stopped... . just thought I'd update