why do so many trash case equipment i can't figure this out :beatsme , everyone bad mouths case equipment, why? i see case all over and working hard ,i own case, cat ,bobcat as well as other equipment and cant see the reason ,what do u guy think
I don't think CASE really gets dogged any more than anyone else. CASE construction equipment has increased marketshare across the board over the last five years. Some will never own a piece of CASE equipment for the same reasons many wont own CAT or Deere (personal prejudices). I have owned primarily CASE equipment (minus three mini excavators) and have been quite successful. I owe much of that to superior equipment. As far as in my small part of the local market, the more that have not made the productivity leap to CASE equipment, the more dominant my position is over the competetion.
A generalisation to the FordLT extreme...you sure the government of Canada is not doggin on CASE?? This "Everyone" thing is a bit beyond me...seeing as I would have to be one of those everyones. If you look around forums various you will find lover and haters for most brands. Maybe if your a Case fan some TIC funning, leg pulling and plain old hangin a bit of crap to see how it drys is just getting under your skin. I've bagged Case skid steers on this forum for their neanderthal cabs...its a plain fact. I also, on this forum, I have recommended the Case 184X's series to people as about the best cheap reliable rugged skid you could buy. and your right...they is Case machinery all over working everyday...so how bad could it be really????...it could even be...OMG...Good??? What the hell would I know anyway...I'm just a plain old everyone:cool2
Case equipment earned a well deserved bad rap early on, and as is usually the situation, has had a devil of a time out living it's early reputation. They seem to have done this, as Squizzy comments, the blooming things are now sold all over the world and the company is not only still in business, but has grown considerably. For old timers like myself, the taint has not worn off completely, perhaps because we tend to stay away from all Case equipment as a rule and do not see or experience the improvements.
I haven't even said anything and I'am getting bashed Case backhoes gotta be the number 1 selling rubber tired backhoe I never seen any stats but you see more Case 580s and 590s than anything else then Deere is 2nd in line. You can't even buy a used 2wd Case 1970s model for less than 10 grand. With skid steers you don't see too many Case because Bobcat dominated that market for years and with Case excavators were not that common unless you don't want to include the old Drott machines. When it comes to a rubber tired hoe Case is number 1 choice for 90% of the contractors. Most of the contractors on the West Coast are Excavator- Hitachi,Deere and Komatsu Backhoe- Case or Deere Bulldozer- Cat Wheel Loader- Cat Want a backhoe that lasts buy a Case you want a backhoe with resale value buy a Case. All manufactures speciallize good in one area with Case its been rubber tired backhoes with Cat its bulldozers and Wheel Loaders. Case excavators are pretty well Link Belt excavators with a different paint job.
I can't argue that the CASE skid steer cab not what it should be. They are releasing a complete redo around Conexpo. It will have a pressurized cab, air seat etc (sound familiar). There will also be other major changes. Should be an interesting year for the CASE skid steer. The CASE excavator is a Sumitomo which also makes the Link Belt.
Stupidity I believe is the reason, Case has evolved to now have a good line up of equipment.
In my opinion!!! Case never tried to concentrate on operator comforts, high production numbers, or dealership problems, they wanted numbers. Government contracts and large utility companies made market shares and that made investors money. Cheap machines with the bare minimums. Now there playing catch up on the creature comforts that others have had for years.:IMO
Why do People Bash Case??? 'CAUSE IT'S FUN :roll :roll
I think case makes the best backhoes. My cousin has case backhoes, he isn't to swift on maintaining things and they never died. I had case backhoes, then I bought a few cats when the case dealership my way went belly up. Now I'm looking back into Case.
When it came to a Backhoe for us it was Case All the way 1st Backhoe i learned to run was a 480C Case when i tried to run wobble sticks on a 410B John deere after being on a Case for years i slammed the bucket & boom into the side of a 16' long 5' tall dumpbed on a triaxle truck & learned real quick trackhoe style & backhoe style wobbles were different setups :Banghead & my greatuncle was laughing his *** off i have since got way better w/ backhoe style wobble sticks The Case Dozers & loaders what i hated bout them for years was the steering box in between your legs so uncomfortable but i was used to foot pedals so i used foot pedals over the box (still had to deal w/ trackspeed in box though ) Thought the 850G & 850H Was a big step up since they done away w/ box & put steering up top like the rest . just:my2c yall & have a good one Bulldog
i never have figured that out. have a case 580sk backhoe. never had a problem with it, just keeps on working for me. use a friends 450 dozer at times when i need a second one, had a few little problems with it but at 35+ years old, a person can't expect it to run perfect with out a little rebuilding now and then.
I think some bash Case because it's human nature to bash what is the most popular, whether it's machinery or movie stars. We like to knock the top dog off its' perch. Ford owns the #1 sales position in small trucks and the Chevy & Dodge guys hate Ford because of it. I see a similar parallel with backhoes. Not sure about sales numbers, but Case seems to be the biggest seller, therefore most of the CAT & Deere backhoe guys hate Case. Heck, we got a member here on this site that dislikes Case so much, he has a signature that trashes Case in every post! :beatsme Look at his avitar, it has a CAT machine in it. See what I mean? My own personal ownership experience with Case is that it's not perfect, but it seems to be pretty good so far.
I agree with Squizzy on the outdated Case skidsteer cabs. Sit in a Cat, JD, etc. and feel the difference. When you grow up with 2 stick controls and try swinging with your shoes all of a sudden, things are hairy till you develop the "groove", just like the switch from SAE to Cat controls. I was always a "hang on with your feet" type of guy, so my first few hours on a foot swinging Case weren't pretty. Once I got the hang of it though, it was actually kind of nice. I have to admit I'm now spoiled with the new excavator style controls on the new Cats. Tn Bulldog got it right about the controls on Case dozers...they were just plain WEIRD. Especially when Deere & Cat were revolutionizing operator control placement and comfort at the time, and Case still kept that crazy configuration they had. Different animal nowadays. Especially the bigger guys like the 1850 dozers, etc. They're awesome now compared to the archaic versions. It's just plain old FUN to trash the C an't A ttempt S erious E xcavation iron, that's all.
No problem doing serious excavation with my Case backhoe. I must be one of the lucky ones.
Case rules! My 9020B on a job.
Case rules!:notworthy
I remember a contractor who used to make fun of our Case equipment,, until he had to do transmission work on his John Deere dozer. When he asked us for help & we told him we never had to break down our Case like that before he was amazed. Amazed so much that after he got his fixed, he traded it in on a Case dozer. I admit they come standard with less options, but most options are available. I hated the seat in our skid steer from day 1, but I was looking through the owners manual & guess what I found. Two other seat options. They have always worked hard for us & some of the guys would not know what a grease gun is.
I have never been a fan of Case equipment. Tried Case backhoes, found they dont have as much power as the Fords(Newhollands now), but there are plenty of people who don't like Ford backhoes. I have no experiance with case excavators, hear their not too bad. Same for their loaders. My cousin runs Case dozers. Nice machines to finish grade & do light work with, but when he got into some tough jobs (land clearing, rock, dredge spoils) the Case dozers showed their weak points, and I had to bring in my Cat to finish the job(s):beatsme . I bought a Case 602 vibratory roller this spring, mostly because it was too good of a deal to turn down :cool2 , and I needed a roller. So far so good, hopefully it will make me a fan.
Dig it looks like your paint project on your 9020B went well. Now that your practiced up come and repaint mine.:drinkup
it all breaks eventually. i haven't seen one manufacturer that made a machine that won't break down eventually.
i feel that they try and cut corners with their products, im not saying that they are junk but u do feel that they have a certain place for certain people. like if you grew up with 4 sticks you more than likely learned on case. with there backhoes for instance with all this technology in hydraulics why do you still have to still have to jerk the boom up? and the ductile iron for the boom why? another example on the dozers was reducing the number of cups in the sprockets to improve wear. im not trying to offend anyone i just see more technology, research and development in other manufactures
Pullpan, interesting observation but I don't see its basis. What product line do you not see technology and R&D that is equal to its competetors? Your example of the boom lock I would agree I don't care for it. Is its simplicity of the boom lock an indication of lack of sophistication in the entire machine? The cast boom is very strong as given by its warranty. CASE is going away from the cast due to environmental issues with the cast process. The process was sold and the new owner of foundry has drastically increased the cost. The result is a boom of conventional manufacture. The M series 2 backhoe has been very successful and has expanded marketshare in the backhoe market. Is every product CASE makes or markets class leading in every area, no of course not, but neither does anyone else. The quality put into a CASE product is no less and in my opinion greater than others in most areas. I can't prove that any more than you could prove it is lesser. I think that like many other things you see what you chose to see. If you want to see lack of technology and R&D in a CASE product than that is exactly what you will see. Your predisposed to see what you want or expect to see. No harm in that, most everyone suffers from it to some extent as long as you recognize the predisposition. No harm no foul PullPan
I dont like CASE backhoes because the controls have always felt weird to me. I grew up running Deere equipment, so every other backhoe feels weird. I do like their skid steers though. Very rugged and powerful. I havent been in any of their brand new ones yet, but the lever throw in the Bobcat that I have been running for the past 2 weeks is killing my back. I got the opportunity to run their 650 dozer while I was working clean up after Katrina. Bare bones machine, but it pushed great. We did have to bring in the LGP CAT a few times but that was more of a terrain issue than anything else. I ran a CASE 3 yard loader last winter moving snow and dont have anything negative to report about that. As far as their excavators are concerned, I dont think I have even seen one around here for the past 2 years.
Yes , the paint job came out good. Now i have to get those darn decals on. We also put on a new undercarriage , idlers , rollers, chains, & sprockets. doug
I think it has more to do with what you learned on just like some guy hate Cat controls and some Deere. My self I have never seen the many Case backhoes way more Deere and Cats. I have never heard anything good about Case stuff other then its cheap, but I going to find out I'll be putting a bigger case hoe to work at my new job. And FYI GM (Chevy and GMC) sell more trucks the furd .
well put my friend
Eeeeeeeasy now, boys...Toby Keith'll come kick yer ###!
YEAH HE WILL If the Ford will make it that far.
:notworthy
Must be the air (or the water,) up in N.W. Vt. causing all that disillusion...:roll
Everything has it's moments Alright, alright, all joking aside, wether it's heavy equipment, trucks, electronics, men, women, dogs or toilets. Everyone has their own opinion and I'm sure that no matter what brand of anything you like or have had problems with there has been cussing, kicking of tires, scraped up knuckles, laughing. I'm sure it's been said here before, they're all great when they run and they're all junks when they don't. And yeah, I did own a Ford once, and for what we did with it, it was a great little dump truck. But I take great joy in picking on F ound O n R oad D eads, and M ore O f P arts A nd R epairs. Well that felt good, now I think I'll step off my :soapbox
Case rules!! :drinkup
Well put, and on a closing note, those G igantic M ounds of C **p are pretty good, too.
From a Case Dealer and Case Owner .. Cat and Deere are are very good machines with mother companies that are "FAR SUPERIOR" at marketing .. Case is absolutely equal in all "EXCEPT" marketing ..
Casetractorman...do you know a fellow in Eagle Bridge, NY (Washington County) who owns/runs Eagle Bridge Welding, Ed Gifford? He has a serious collection of vintage Case tractors, even some with "iron tires". Everything's parked right there at his shop, right on state rte. 67, I pass it all the time. Can't really fit another piece on his property I don't think. Just thought you'd have to know each other, given the common love of J.I.Case.:drinkup
Case all the way :thumbsup
Lowboy .. no I dont know him .. I travel into VT frequently but normally go up 11 around the other side of the Adirondacks .. I will look him up next time Im out in that part of NY .. Thanks for the info
Yeah, if you look at a map of Northern NY and see the intersections of NY routes 22 and 67, he's a couple hundred yards west of that point on 67. I think you'd be delighted to see what he's got hanging around there. Lots of antique tractors and implements, gas, diesel and propane power. It's a stone's throw from the Vt. border, too. Coming from I-87 (Northway,) you could grab 67 east from exit 12. Hope you'll get a free day to visit him, good guy, full of Case info.
Talkin about tractors. This is a 1939 Massey-Harris. Saw it at the fair last week.
I have a terrible time with this computer and posting pics. Hopefully this pic is larger. I do think this has some revelance to Case.
Doug, you sure don't have any trouble getting you pics small enough to meet the forums pic size limit, do you??
ok i give up. But it was a neat 4wd tractor. Mabye i can find a internet pic.
Jeff, my old computer with windows xp was user friendly on the pic stuff. This crap box i have now with windows vista is junk.
I've the exact same problem with my computer. XP was easy, this Vista stink's, that way!! ( Don't tell no one but I just e-mail them to Squizzy and he fixes them for me. It's not like he has a life anyways!! )
I think the parts network and service put Deere and Cat a step above Case. Until Case can compete with them in those areas they will always be thought of as a second tier machine. Cat in my area if you call in your parts order before midnight you have them by 8 am the next morning. You can't do that with the Case dealer here. I'm not bashing Case I just think they could do so much better in the market if they would work on certain support areas.
I don't know about their other iron but Case 580's around here are for septic work only really.All speed,no balls--I know 1 contractor's hoe is so loose in the swing,the operator has to wait for it to stop sloshing around so he doesn't bop the laborer's head.
we use case skidsteer and backhoes..been good to us..
Where did you get that data? Ford F series has been number one seller for 25 years.
The #s have been posted on several truck forums. The reason Ford is #1 is because they count GMC and Chevy as 2 different manufactures.
x2 but dont seem so bad now
I love listening to different arguments, it's quite fun to hear the different sides. I respect everyone's opinions and that's what makes the world go around. It's pushing it but these backhoes I used to operate worked fairly well. They had their occasional problems but they did the job and we beat them up pretty good. I'd have to say Case then Deere are the most commonly used backhoes here in WA (at least on my side of the mountains/west side). Blake WA