Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Washing hands.

DJK ยท 2014-08-03 21:43

I'm tires of those "waterless" pumice filled hand cleaners leaving myhands sandy feeling for a few wipes, thinking of building a small water supply with a 2-3 gal res. and using a washer fluid pump to rinse my hands off. Anyone tried this? Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks derek.

Replies5
  1. #1ttazzman2014-08-03 22:04

    how about reading this thread ...... HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2Scrub Puller2014-08-03 22:38

    Yair . . . DJK This sort of underbody setup very common here . . . most of our "pickups" have flat decks though. Cheers.

  3. #395zIV2014-08-03 22:44

    I just got one of these and throw it on the back or side of my truck and just let the water run out and wash under the stream: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-5-Gallon-Water-Carrier-Blue/21156004

  4. #4caterpillarmech2014-08-04 05:38

    I carry a black five gallon bucket. Black so it does not grow algae. The top is missing the gasket so I just tip it over and use the 1/8" stream to wash up. Black can also warms the water some.

  5. #5JD955SC2014-08-11 21:12

    Talking about for your service truck? Our field service guys each have a water tank (ranging from 5-10 gal depending on the truck) on their truck. It's great for washing hands or putting out small fires from welding/cutting and such. Very useful.