Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Washing out hydraulic pump area on a New Holland L220

RLU_tech · 2019-02-15 16:40

Im working on a 2011 New Holland L220 skid-steer. I replaced a hydraulic hose that had been leaking for some time. As a result, the entire “belly” of the machine is caked with oil soaked sludge. What’s the best way to get as much of this junk out of the machine? I feel pressure washing isn’t going to be to effective, as there doesn’t appear to be any drains in the bottom???

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2019-02-15 17:44

    If you drop all the inspection covers under the machine, tip the cab over and I park on an incline and then take a pressure wash wand and push the material on top of the belly pan forward you can get it pretty clean.

  2. #2RLU_tech2019-02-15 18:08

    Okay, I’ll look into that. Thanks.

  3. #3alrman2019-02-15 18:56

    Pulling as much of the crud out by hand before the wash down always helps. I find a high pressure garden hose or fire hose if available works better than a pressure cleaner, which seems to just blow the dirt from one end of the machine to the other. But, hey, I work in temps of +30deg Celsius