Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Washing Windows

Mark13 ยท 2016-03-20 21:26

What's your guys trick for washing windows on your skid steers or any machine that has protected windows? The metal screens on my Tak are bolted and riveted on making washing the outside of the windows pretty tough. The newer Case we have at the farm takes about 15 minutes to pull all the windows out of it which is nice to get them washed, clean out the little track the windows slide in, and your good to go for a while. I've seen some others where the screens are easily removable or the windows are on the outside, screen on the inside where things generally stay a little cleaner but they can still be a pain to clean. I figure someone has to have a trick but I haven't found anything in my experimenting that works real well. I find it quite annoying to have a washed and waxed machine, belly pans all cleaned out, cab clean, and then windows that you strain to look through. I apologize ahead of time if this has been discussed before but I saw nothing after a quick search.

Replies5
  1. #1cdm1232016-03-21 00:11

    My bobcat has the screen on the outside I use a car was brush and rinse with water.

  2. #2ALM2016-03-21 02:47

    I use a 2 step acid on my equipment. Works especially well on windows. The stuff i use is called RTU step 1 And step 2. Just spray on and pressure wash off.

  3. #3caterpillarmech2016-03-21 06:19

    They make a windex garden hose attachment for home exterior windows. might be worth a shot.

  4. #4Mark132016-03-21 16:19

    I've tried with a brush but maybe the bristle's aren't long enough on the ones I've used. They reach the window but don't exactly do a great job unless you take your finger and push the bristles into each little square in the expanded metal and then wiggle the brush. I'll have to look into the windex attachment deal as well.

  5. #5ship 6602016-03-21 22:32

    It would be nice if they put the screens on hinges with just a couple bolts holding in the front. This has been a complaint of mine for years. Get too close to someone dumping slop and covers the whole glass then you have to drag pressure washer out just to clean glass.