Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NH L190 Low transmission pressure light

tmc_31 ยท 2016-03-20 16:59

Hey all, I got a Low transmission oil pressure light on my 2007 NH L190 Skid this morning. Anybody have any ideas what I might look for before I call in the big guns? Tim

Replies3
  1. #1GaryHoff2016-03-20 23:41

    I'm sure you checked this already, but you have hydraulic oil still? Does the machine move? If it moves then you probably still have charge pressure. Maybe a bad sender. If it doesn't move, then maybe broken pump coupler. Just speculation. Need more info.

  2. #2tmc_312016-03-21 10:55

    Hey Gary, thanks for the response. Yes, the machine moves and all hydraulics seem to operate normally. I stopped by my dealer this morning and he said the same thing. He said that those sensors were prone to failure. I went ahead and purchased a new sensor. I am going to take the hydraulic filter off and cut it apart to see if I can find any metal. If I don' find any I will install a new filter and replace the sensor. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Thanks again, Tim

  3. #3GaryHoff2016-03-21 22:09

    If you have a gauge, you can test the charge pressure. Should be 350psi at idle. Sounds like its probably ok.