Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Waste industry

equipment fan ยท 2007-03-11 18:29

Hi to all members:notworthy ,i`m new in this forum.My name is Guillaume.Anybody in this forum work in the waste industry???Some people says "It`s a tough industry".It is true??? Guillaume alias equipment fan

Replies13
  1. #1farm_boy2007-03-11 21:09

    This has got to be one of the hardest applications for equipment. It is a combination of the machine being operated in a harsh environment and typically unskilled operators that abuse machines more than normal. You would cringe at some of the things I have seen from machines being operated in transfer stations.:jawdrop

  2. #2CM19952007-03-11 21:10

    Hey buddy - welcome. :drinkup I have a side business in the waste industry. We have a small dumpster service with 10CY and 15CY cans and two hooklift trucks. So far so good - the company has not made a ton of $$$ but we are paying the bills and it is not even a year old yet. In the future I would like to see it grow and possibly add a landfill.

  3. #3Ford LT-90002007-03-11 23:20

    The money is in the disposal business like picking up residential and commercial garbage. The bin business is all dependant on the construction industry. There is money in scrap metal recycling if you can find it. You have to find a market in your area to see if you can make it go.

  4. #4farm_boy2007-03-11 23:26

    Here are some good examples of machines getting "normal" useage in a transfer station applications. If I were an equipment manager guess what would be hitting the fan :shf if I caught an operator doing this to one of my machines.

  5. #5Countryboy2007-03-12 00:39

    Thats just ridiculous. Was that all on the same loader?

  6. #6farm_boy2007-03-12 00:44

    Nope....different machines at different locations across NA. Same company though!!

  7. #7Countryboy2007-03-12 01:15

    If that happened to a machine here I can think of several people who would be looking for a job, not just one. The crap tends to float upstream in a situation like that. :nono

  8. #8equipment fan2007-03-12 07:16

    :drinkup Thanks for the pics farm_boy.I`m with you when you say" It`s a combination of the machine being operated in a harsh environment and typically unskilled operators that abuse machines more than normal."

  9. #9nedly052007-03-25 10:48

    How in the hell do you bend loader arms and break linkages pushing garbage?:beatsme Must be heavy ole' garbage.

  10. #102004F5502007-03-25 11:37

    they bend arms regularly here in CT, it was determined that it had something to do with hitting the piles in 4th gear at full speed

  11. #11CM19952007-03-25 11:45

    - that could have something to do with it.:bash :bash

  12. #12Dozerboy2007-03-25 16:22

    X3 and I have broken Z arms before sizing concrete down to -2' in other words hitting a pile of concrete WOT 2nd gear while giving the bucket a little shake.

  13. #13thejdman042007-03-29 11:12

    Thtats pretty beat up.