Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

water in the hystat 953c bbx

honest outlaw ยท 2014-11-22 14:32

Blew a hydraulic line on my 2004 953c bbx had to add 5 gallons of aw32 to get the machine on the lowboy to get home to drop shields and repair turns out the oil I added had some h20 in it. Got the line fixed. Now what do I need to do to cleanse the hydro system of the h20 contaminated oil

Replies11
  1. #1Bob/Ont2014-11-22 17:40

    How Much???? If only a couple of gallons I would run it hot and hope to boil it clean then drain and refill with filter change. Gotta watch the top ups. Later Bob

  2. #2honest outlaw2014-11-22 20:46

    Haven't thought of that. Just wondering if it would harm the drive motors if I am not mistaken this machine shares a common res with the lift and drive?

  3. #3Bob/Ont2014-11-22 21:24

    Yes it does. Later Bob

  4. #4honest outlaw2014-12-03 10:31

    Is there a method by which I could purge the whole hydraulic system of all the fluid so you can get all this milky looking hydraulic oil out and change to clear oil I've asked the boys in the service department of the local cat dealer and they say that it can't all be drained. Help please Nige, if you can?

  5. #5Nige2014-12-03 10:51

    I can't really add much to what Bob's said TBH. The other Cat track loader Hystat guru on here is a guy who goes by the name of Cmark. Try sending him a PM and ask for advice.

  6. #6Bob/Ont2014-12-03 11:08

    Short of taking all cylinders apart and washing out all lines, I would disconnect all lines at the cylinders and drain them and the cylinders. Be careful and make sure the bucket is supported at all times. Later Bob

  7. #7honest outlaw2014-12-03 12:11

    What my mechanic and I were wondering was there a way we might be able to purge the system using air pressure or would it destroy a seal or check valve of some kind?

  8. #8Mobiltech2014-12-03 13:30

    No you can't blow it out with air. The oil is in cylinders and valves. Sea foam makes a product that helps remove water from oil. It still requires changing oil.

  9. #9honest outlaw2014-12-03 20:32

    Well it was worth a try thank you for your help feller's

  10. #10Diesel_doc892014-12-05 23:17

    I work at bobcat and what we do we built a line that has a Aux. couple and the other end is open. you have to be very careful draining the system like that cause you can lock up vital parts. We just barely hit the aux function and let it drain into a bucket, and right when it starts sputtering stop. That drains about every bit of fluid you can out of the machine. but it takes several flushes to get the fluid clear again. we have one machine that we have flushed 3 times and the fluid is still cloudy. after 2 flushes though i wouldnt worry about water damaging anything. good luck

  11. #11honest outlaw2014-12-06 22:38

    Thank you sir I appreciate that thought may be sumpin I can put to use