Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Water pump

Kenny1961 · 2023-08-01 11:52

Hi everyone I need help finding a rebuilt or a rebuild kit for a we think is 1967-70 D4E dozer it has no SN# on it anywhere that i can find but i found two numbers on the water pump housings 2S4695 and 2S1489 if anyone can help i'd give you my first born

Replies11
  1. #1heymccall2023-08-01 12:04

    2s1489 shows up in these two drawings.

  2. #2heymccall2023-08-01 12:07

    Ignore the highlight. These are D4E prefixes.

  3. #3Kenny19612023-08-01 12:09

    Thank you!! that's a big help

  4. #4heymccall2023-08-01 12:10

    D4D prefixes

  5. #5heymccall2023-08-01 12:12

    can't find serial number on d4d I am new to this forum. I found a caterpillar d4d for sale. It has some problems, (bad front idler, track has slipped off. It needs new track adjusters. I can't find a serial number. I was told that there is a stamped number behind the winch. The id tags are gone, both on the engine and dash... HeavyEquipmentForums

  6. #6Nige2023-08-01 14:28

    Have you tried looking on top of the bevel gear case.? There was a case on another tractor only last week where the owner had looked everywhere and finally found the S/N in that location. Removing the paint showed it up. You can see from the photo that the S/N plate was missing but the number was stamped beneath where it would have been as seen by the two rivets.

  7. #7Kenny19612023-08-01 16:22

    Thank you very much the tractor is at my property so next time I’m there I’ll check thank you

  8. #8Kenny19612023-08-01 16:29

    Thank you very much the tractor is at my property so next time I’m there I’ll check thanks

  9. #9Kenny19612023-08-01 16:32

    It had one number we found it was 24A7-8156 don’t know if may that’s the serial number or not

  10. #10Nige2023-08-01 16:47

    Doesn't sound like it. Do you have a photo of that number and where exactly on the tractor was it located.? Although 24A is listed as a D4C tractor, so you might just be on to something. Again a photo would help.

  11. #11Kenny19612023-08-01 16:52

    Not sure but I think that may be on the engine block