Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Water pump

Kenny1961 · 2023-08-11 16:31

I’m having no luck rebuilding this water pump 2s4895 does anyone one know where I could get a new or rebuilt one

Replies12
  1. #1heymccall2023-08-11 16:43

    Where did you get that number? It doesn't reveal itself in any of my resources.

  2. #2Kenny19612023-08-11 16:47

    It might be 2s4696 I’ll check the numbers on the casing

  3. #3Kenny19612023-08-11 16:53

    I found two numbers one on the bearing housing 2s1480 and one on the pump housing 2s4695

  4. #4Nige2023-08-11 17:53

    What engine or machine is it from.? It helps when looking up part numbers.

  5. #5Kenny19612023-08-11 18:18

    It’s a D4 dozer No serial numbers that we could find on this machine don’t know the exact date it was built they are saying 1967-70 somewhere in that range

  6. #6Welder Dave2023-08-11 23:36

    Serial number is best when looking for Cat parts.

  7. #7heymccall2023-08-11 23:38

    2S1480 goes to a cover on a grader driveline.

  8. #8Nige2023-08-12 05:42

    Try looking on the top of the bevel gear housing, as shown by the illustration below. A machine of that era has little inbformation in the online system. If you can find a Serial Number a Parts Manual appropriate to the machine would be a good investment. Manuals are still available to buy online.

  9. #9Nige2023-08-12 06:30

    2S-4695 comes up as a good number for a water pump housing. The complete pump group is a 2S-4697. I can't find an illustration of it but here is one of the 1S-5910 Pump Group that it replaced. The main difference as far as the pump assembly is concerned is that the 2S-4695 Housing is replaced by 2S-1628. The 5S-3351 rebuild kit listed for a 2S-4697 pump (again no illustration) contains the following parts. The 1W7074 kit was the former repair kit Part Number.

  10. #10Kenny19612023-08-12 13:07

    Thank you for all your help don’t think I would have gotten this far with out you helping!

  11. #11Glum2023-08-12 13:21

    The D330 engine wasn't Cat's finest, and their belt driven water pumps were about the worst part of them.

  12. #12Old Magnet2023-08-12 20:31

    Seems your looking at a late 78A D4 with those part numbers. (1963 to 1967)