I have a job i'm looking at and the yard backs up to a hill . the owner bascily has moss growing instead of grass. He was sugesting a samll 2' deep trench but i'm leaning more twords a 4' one with more stone .He says it really comes down and i don't belive that what he wants will catch all the water. any one have any ideas on the best way to capture and dispurse the water?
any chance you've got a few pics of the site? i'm the type that needs pictures.
I will have to get some I didn't think it would be that involved till i got out to meet the first time. and as always they want it done cheap
My sugestion without seeing the job, They want it cheep? control water runoff? Have them move to Chile. They can live cheep and there are some places that it has not rained in 100 years. Here in a rain forest to get a dry yard. First you grade it to the proper slope, then add a good corse of shot rock (say 6" of 2" shot rock) cover it with filter fabric then add 4" good drainable sand on top then hydroseed, and keep well fertlized. By the way not cheep but it works.
Dwan, I don't think that I have ever been told " I want to pay alot!".
Yep that's true! But I have been told "I want it done right". Then after seeing the estimate some will say "how much for doing it mostly right?" :jawdrop Cat320 - are you going to then daylight the water out of the trench somewhere (like a detention basin) or are you using it as an infiltration bed?
LMAO
at first thought just run it out to daylight but there is a 4" pipe that runs up from the street drain in front of the house . so might use that .