Figured some of you guys may have an idea or two.... My boss (owner of the company), had the idea this morning of putting done kinda higher pressure water sprayer on the truck, basically for cleaning radiators etc. I'd never really considered it, I've always cleaned using air, brake cleaner, or a smaller water jug just for hand washing. Figured on something smaller, don't have much spare truck space, you field guys know how that old saw goes! I thought maybe something between I higher pressure hand pumped garden type sprayer, up to something about the size of a ATV sized weed sprayer tank with an electric pump. So give me a few ideas, thoughts, comments etc etc.....
A good sized air tank filled with water and pressurized by your air compressor does a decent job. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Not a bad idea as we have a couple old engine driven compressors that could provide a donor tank.
We had a 60 gallon tank with a garden hose, air pressure from the compressor gave it the pressure. We also use the 12 volt 25 gallon tank running into a small 5hp briggs pressure washer with 20 ft hose and spray nozzle . Sometimes hang a 55 gallon drum from the crane to feed the pressure/steam cleaner when needed also while powering it up with the welder. Yes space is limited on most service trucks, I have a star skid with pump and tank that won't fit in the bed of the service truck also that we slip into a pickup and bring when needed.
We have a couple of small portable pressure washers, and we have a trailer mounted stream washer a tank, just wanted something smaller for limited use, that didn't take up a huge amount of room. If the plumbing I'd right on an old compressor tank that could very well work! Plus it uses up some of the junk that accumulates st the shop lol. I wouldn't mind a regular pressure washer and tank, but that will never fit the room left in my 550, and while the 750 has space its tight to maneuver on many of our jobs.
I mounted a 30 gal vertical air tank in the bed of my truck, pressurize with air from the compressor, water goes to a hose reel mounted on front corner of body behind driver door. It works great for washing radiators, washing mud/dirt from undercarriage components for service, I've used it for backflushing clogged heater cores, and it's handy for washing the mud off my boots before I get in the cab and even washing the mud from the truck after pulling out of a muddy jobsite.
That's the helpful comments I was looking for Willie! I can envision myself scrounging around the shop and old air compressors Friday when its supposed to rain. Lol.
One of the coal mines I was in had a little air operated pressure pump mounted on the lube truck that had a gun type handle that you could change the nozzles on. I don't remember the name of the thing but it was the handiest little tool in the world for coal mining. The truck had a fifty gallon tank and we had 50' of hose to the gun. It put out 1,000 PSI of pressure but only about a gallon and a half a minute. It wasn't much but everybody on the site loved using it.
Well, If you want to see how I set up mine, post #115. >
Nice setup Willie! Think ill end up with something pretty similar except probably a 15gallon tank as that's what we have laying around, already have a spare 1/2" hose and reel! Scott county pics were sweet in you're thread, we go four wheelinpg with an old army pal up in fentress county, now that's " banjo country"!
LoL, hell yeah it's banjo country.
I set up a 10 gallon tank using a water cooler & 12 volt demand pump. More for general use . Would have liked a 30 gallon but dident have room for it. I have to remove the electric pump in the winter time as it will freeze up. HeavyEquipmentForums
Here is another way to go: Get a 2 1/2 gallon stainless steel fire extinguisher like this about $20-$65: Cut the nozzle off the end of the black hose and attach and secure a barbed fitting with 1/4 male npt and thread a male air hose end like this: This now serves 2 purposes. 1) the exit nozzle for the contents, water or air, hosing down co-workers, filling water ballons and 2) the quick connect filler port (fill using this method rather than the schrader valve, it is much quicker - about 5 seconds). Make another fitting with the respective female air hose fitting and join it with a female pressure washer quick connect fitting, then you can use typical quick connect pressure washer nozzles for the desired spray pattern, cleaning windows, rinsing dust off, etc. With yet another quick connect fitting, this can be a portable air tank. About the only hassle to this setup is filling it with water, a quick connect filler port would be another improvement instead of screwing off the neck to fill water everytime, but hey..... You can even put out some types of small fires with it still. I even used it to unplug sink drains in my folk's rental units. One source for fittings if you can not find them local: http://www.pressure-washer-parts.com/plumbing.asp
I built a mobile pressure washer trailer this summer, I used (2) 275 gallon plastic totes and plumbed them to a steam pressure washer and put it all on a tandem axle trailer. We have used it several times, it takes oil off concrete sidewalks, cleans dozer tracks out in no time, cleans the radiators and cleans engines up when you have a major leak in the field.
Leisueexpress out did me! 2 1/2 gal "p can" extinguisher is my go to for a lot of little jobs. I use my finger but will convert one can to the air coupler just to dose air tanks with methanol. Bigger jobs I grab a 2" Honda pump and retired fire hose.
I ended up building something real similar to Willie s tank. Excepting I used a well pressure tank vs an air compressor tank. Now to debate the glow plug idea, GMT hot water????? Lol