I bought a 325 john deere, still waiting on it to be shipped to me. I have a very small creek running through my land and was thinking I could clean out a lot of sand out of it. I was wondering what problems I might cause by running her in the water. I 'm not taking about very deep water here, maybe knee deep at best. I just didn't know if I might do harm to anything, like bearing ect. thanks
Need tracks You will definitely need a set of tracks on it if you plan to work in conditions even close to what you mentioned. That is a big heavy machine that will sink down pretty fast without them. :my2c
:OMG running water, sand, machine, inexperience :badidea I forsee :crying
True ointlaugh He does have a point. Don't think I will try that.
I try to stay out of water if I can,I think it is hard on seals & bearings.You never know what's under it,could be a solid creekbed or quicksand.The tracks are needed for this job.If the creekbed is solid ,I would start at the lower end ,working my way to the upper end.That way the water can drain off and your not working in knee deep water.Make sure to have a way to recover the loader after it gets stuck.Good luck with the job and welcome 802MARK.
rust
yea rust and seal damage may accour its rough on tractors of any kind but if you want to do that i wld say u should def. have tracks. but just be careful and dont get in to deep it will sink even wit tracks
HUMM better stay high and dry I think I better not try the river then. It is hard bed and won't have a problem getting stuck in it, but you guys say rust and maybe bearing problems, not what I want at all. That was my main question could they be run in shallow water without harming anything. Like my four wheeler. but it sounds like thats a BIG NO. thanks. I'm still working on a 82 cat fork lift I bought last month. It will handle 6k pounds. It really makes me mad to see what shape it is it. I paid 1,500.00 for it, which is a killer price knowing I could put a few thousand in it to get it back in shape. It starts and picks up and goes forward and back ok. but what really makes me mad is to look at how some people handle their machines. This is a gas burner, no filter over the carb, just open. that cost me 8.00 to fix, no air fliter at all in the box. 20.00. the guy said o you need to put water in it each time you start it. two holes in the rad. 40.00 to fix. oil black as night. I mean why? why take a machine like this and not do the very easy and cheap things to keep it up and running good.
I wouldn't say it is a BIG no If you need to run any machine in water just be aware to up your maintenance shedule, the odd dunking wont hurt provided you make sure to check you fluids more often for contamination. Many machines work and operate in water on a regular basis just make sure to do regular checks.