Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

water wetter

da'yoop ยท 2010-06-17 12:32

Is the diesel water wetter the right stuff to use for anti-cavitation additive on my jd 410c?? I was reading up on it and it sounds like the right stuff, what do you guys say?:beatsme

Replies10
  1. #1xcmark2010-06-17 17:53

    If JD says to use a anti foaming agent , dont count on Water wetter to do what you need. I have seen pin holes in liners on IH over the road truck motors because of not enough DCA in the coolant mixture. Water wetter is a good product on motors that need a little more cooling .

  2. #2daman2010-06-17 21:40

    I wouldn't use that,what coolant do you have in there now?

  3. #3da'yoop2010-06-17 22:02

    i don't know....i just bought it. i'm going to flush and fill it and somebody on here was saying i should put in anti-cavitation additive so i called napa to see what they had. all they had was the water wetter. i looked it up online and read up on it....sounded ok but i figured i'd ask here first. i also plan on calling the dealer to see what they recommend.

  4. #4ScottAR2010-06-18 00:03

    They should be able to get it through Wix 24056 I think is the number. Wix Cool some purple stuff in a white bottle. I think it's a pint.

  5. #5Mikefromcny2010-06-18 01:21

    I get my additive at the local Cummins dealer, Its called DCA. about 6 bucks for a bottle.

  6. #6da'yoop2010-06-18 14:13

    I called the JD dealer and not suprising they said to use the john deere anti-freeze and it's got the additives in it. They tell me all I need to do to flush it is to disconnect the lower hose and run regular water thru it. Then fill with the JD antifreeze. It's not plugged or anything but I thought I would have to take it out and run water or a cleaner thru it backwards to flush it out. Am I even doing any good by just running water thru it?

  7. #7daman2010-06-18 14:43

    I would do a flush(drain,refill with water,drain,refill with water)then drain good and use a approved coolant that will have your anti-cavitation additive in it already,JD coolant is very good by the way. my last flush i used fleetguard's 50/50 mix coolant with additive ,good to go.

  8. #8TXGeoSolarPro2010-06-21 19:59

    IMO I'd use the Deere coolant. Lots cheaper than replacing the liners.

  9. #9da'yoop2010-06-23 21:23

    I think that's what I'll do. It's kind of a pain to get it cuz they are an hour away and I could get the fleet guard stuff here in town. I guess I'd rather stick to the JD stuff and then won't have to worry if I'm hurting the liners.

  10. #10daman2010-06-24 09:11

    If you can get fleet guard coolant go for it it's a good/excellent coolant also.