Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

waukesha engine

orville ยท 2010-10-14 23:22

Does anyone know where you can get gaskets or parts for a waukesha engine. This is a 1931 vintage six cylinder that puts out 45 NACC horse power. Dyno horse power would be more. I am thinking about rebuilding it if I can get the parts. Rings should be no problem. I am guessing it has poured rods and mains. Not many people do that anymore.

Replies2
  1. #1Komatsu 1502010-10-15 08:19

    Waukesha is still in business as part of Dresser. I don't know the parts situation but there are a lot of companies offering Waukesha parts. This is one who advertises parts for the obsolete engines, although I know nothing about them: http://www.jobbersinc.com/waukesha_engine.htm Last time I tried, the diesel machine shop we use was able to get parts - that was some time ago.

  2. #2orville2010-10-15 22:41

    Thanks Komatsu, I went on their site and that next to last engine looks identical to the engine I have. Their engine might be a little newer, but they could have built this engine for several years.