Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some pics from Gerhart’s

dieseldave ยท 2010-10-12 22:52

Some pics from Gerhart's October show

Replies15
  1. #1dieseldave2010-10-12 22:59

    A few more

  2. #2RonG2010-10-13 04:53

    I never saw a twin turbo "Murphy?" like that before.Can you tell us anything about it Dave?Thanks for the great pics as usual.I am still looking at that painting of the TD-18 that you sent me,you are a very talented man.Ron G

  3. #3dieseldave2010-10-13 23:27

    Hi Ron, I have zero experience with Murphy's, but according to my 1966 Diesel Catalog the Advance Design V8's were available in 5.5 x 6, 5.75 x 6, and 6 x 6 versions either N/A or turbo. Max hp ratings ranged from 378hp for the N/A 1140ci model to 660 for the 1356ci turbo. They also offered a series of four cylinders which look to be half of the V8. Gerhart has some of those sitting around, too. I think the V8's in the pics are out of 180D Northwest's.

  4. #4dieseldave2010-10-13 23:29

    Here are a couple of the 4 cylinder version.

  5. #5RonG2010-10-14 05:57

    I like the layout of them,some thought went into their placement of components.The only Murphy that I ever worked around was in a sawmill where I used to work as a kid.That was an inline six.Ron G

  6. #6Exact Express2010-10-15 22:35

    cat loader what size is the cat loader, and about what year? I have a 966 in my yard that I use for snow and flipping the neck on my big trailer that looks to be the same 'era'.

  7. #7Autocar2010-10-16 17:29

    The picture of the room with all the engines setting around looks like a candy store to me thanks for scharing

  8. #8dieseldave2010-10-19 00:39

    This wasn't at Gerhart's but I wanted to put it up. Ain't it cute? Even has a light in case you don't get done before dark... EE, I don't know the year. I believe the 944 was Cat's first rubber tire loader, followed by the 922 and 966 rigid frame machines.

  9. #9dieseldave2010-10-19 00:49

    Here are some more engines, Autocar. Lots of Murphys, plus some Cats, Detroits, Cummins, and Budas

  10. #10qball2010-10-19 19:18

    i really gotta get to that show. one of my favorite things i have done as an operator was running a #6 northwest clam and listening to that big murphy chug.

  11. #11truklodyte2010-10-23 07:59

    Looks like a modified magna track

  12. #12daverd42010-10-26 15:19

    Very nice Pictures

  13. #13stretch2010-11-15 18:41

    Is that first pic of Marino's mack?

  14. #14Buckethead2010-11-16 18:03

    I was at that show. The Mack belonged (belongs?) to a company called Aycock. Don't know if it was Marino's before that. There was a sign on the machine giving a description, saying it was Aycock's. I tried to upload a pic of the sign, it wouldn't let me.

  15. #15stretch2010-11-17 12:37

    I think Marino used to be associated with Aycock at one time. I barely recognized the logo, which is Marino's current one.