Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

we need a helicopter section

Reuben ยท 2009-02-10 21:53

My Body Jim Manno from Manno construction did this job at mount morris dam. $4500 per hour at two yards per trip. each round took about 2 minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6lwpaalKWo

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies5
  1. #1stumpjumper832009-02-10 22:35

    Reuben, how many hours did they have the chopper on the job for?

  2. #2basspro2009-02-10 23:34

    Sikorski...at 1st I thought a sky crane....than seeing the side I thought super puma, but either should have a FAR greater payload, esp. at sea level. S-61? is my final guess. Wich still should be able to haul more that 2 cubic yards.

  3. #3Reuben2009-02-11 12:21

    It is a Sikorski...... Here is an artical that was in Modern Contractor about the Job.... http://www.moderncontractorsolutions.com/articlesdetail.php?id_articles=455&id_artcatg=2

  4. #4basspro2009-02-11 22:47

    haHA! it is a S-61! Years ago I was Helitack for the USFS, & got into birds a little, glad to see I can still spot the ugly ones!

  5. #5WColtharp2009-02-11 23:24

    That job must be stressful! I always enjoy seeing a helicopter thrown into the mix.