Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Will work for food

xrlentau6 ยท 2009-02-10 21:12

Hi all, not sure how everyone else is going but my phone just wont ring. Am thinking everyone is waiting for another hand out from the goverment. In the meantime I am looking for whatever work is out there, hows everyone else going?

Replies8
  1. #1JTL2009-02-10 21:36

    Still working, thankfully! Digging a new landfill cell. I dont think it matters how bad the economy gets, theres still gonna be garbage! I keep waiting on Obama's $100 bills to fall out of the sky though!! :stirthepot Jason

  2. #2redline2009-02-10 21:59

    after the fires downs south the work WILL pick up for a fair few when these houses need rebuilding

  3. #3ddigger2009-02-11 07:57

    Lucky enough to still be at it on a demo job with my excavator, rain or shine.

  4. #4basspro2009-02-11 09:41

    ddigger where abouts in northern CA are ya?

  5. #5stock2009-02-11 15:05

    Spoke to a demo crew over here and they are out this week for the first time since christmas and at that it's only a two day job for a 322.

  6. #6xrlentau62009-02-11 18:34

    Hi there Redline, Yes am sure they will be busy for a while, would even take my equipment over if I knew a contact. That is not to get rich from some ones bad luck but to keep earning a living and help those who need it. Seems the customer base I had is waiting for the next hand out, just hope i can hang on that long.

  7. #7ddigger2009-02-11 21:24

    Bass pro wrote The job is in Fairfield, I live just below Auburn, 150mi round trip but for a owner operator in these times no sweat.

  8. #8basspro2009-02-11 22:53

    need a hand? I am in Modesto. I just really need some experience.