Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wearing the paint off the bucket

Metalman 55 ยท 2017-04-28 17:51

Finished rebuilding the bucket last fall & hardly any snow this past winter, so the old 941 that I purchased the year before sat practically all winter. Today I was able to rough out a pile of fill left from a driveway dig out that was done this past winter in the back yard. We are in an area of really heavy clay, so it is very slow to dry out in the spring. If we don't get rain for a few days, I can go over it again to touch it up. The old machine runs real good for its age.

Replies8
  1. #1DMiller2017-04-28 18:26

    Awesome, I hope to soon enough be following the lead!!

  2. #2Welder Dave2017-04-28 20:23

    Your tracks look really tight.

  3. #3redneckracin2017-04-29 07:40

    The old girl looks good! The dirt work looks good too.

  4. #4Metalman 552017-05-30 20:44

    Wore some more paint off the bucket tonight at a different spot on the property where I extended the gravel area around my work shop area. Cut a swale to divert water flow that runs off of the field & around the new parking lot extension. It is quite wet here with an extraordinary amount of rain for both April & May, but today was a bit of a drying day. Much of this grading tonight was more like smearing that ole clay than grading! The old 941 runs pretty good considering her age.

  5. #5DMiller2017-05-31 11:01

    SOOOO Jealous, soon I will be able to use mine and burn the paint back off with dirt scrubs!

  6. #6Metalman 552017-05-31 11:28

    Well now, no rain over night again & the smeary goop is now actually beginning to turn back to gradable soil once again. Did a touch up job on it again this morning.

  7. #7Metalman 552017-06-03 17:58

    No rain for almost a week now & good for drying, so got the grading done around the new parking lot extension, ready for seeding. It is actually quite dry out here now, for first time this spring.

  8. #8DMiller2017-06-04 15:07

    Looking right!