Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Website Hosting

CT18fireman ยท 2010-04-01 20:05

Who do you guys use? What are you paying for hosting / e-mail / spam protection? My web renewal is up (I don't have a great site) The hosting / e-mail has stayed the same, but they want a lot more for spam protection, it will end up being close to $200 more a year. It does work, but just wondering what if there are better deals out there. I see the adds for GoDaddy etc. Thoughts...???

Replies25
  1. #1Steve Frazier2010-04-01 22:01

    This site is hosted and maintained by EZ1 Networks . The service is more personal than GoDaddy.

  2. #2OCR2010-04-01 23:22

    Website Hosting: Well, I don't have a Web Site... but in my opinion, EZ1 is top notch... :thumbsup And so is HEF!!! OCR...

  3. #3below_ground2010-05-05 10:05

    Have you tried Hostgator.com, as they include Spam Assassin with most hosting packages? I host my website Compactor Wacker Plate with Hostgator and find their services to be great value for money.

  4. #4DanRooks2010-10-04 17:13

    Hosting for web and email We use 1 and 1 for both our website and e-mail. They have recently improved on a good spam and web mail service. They also have some do-it-yourself website creation tools that you could master fairly easy. I have also used Google Sites for creating free websites Also I highly recommend Google Docs as a web based tool to do a lot of what Microsoft Office does Plus some things like Forms that I have created to use on HEF. Dan

  5. #5nickbowers2010-10-04 17:28

    ixwebhosting.com is a US provider that i have used, They were pretty good.

  6. #6rbucky2010-10-27 20:21

    I have developed a handful of web sites using Bluehost . They are cheap and very responsive to email support requests.

  7. #7kmickels2010-10-30 12:27

    I have developed many web sites ranging from high schools to rodeos and full shopping sties for truck parts and paintball stuff and I always use godaddy.com. I have tried a couple of others and hated them, yahoo is the worst as they are subcontracted to Melbourne IT located in austrailia with no tech support. Honestly I have never had any problems with godaddy they are always there for questions whether it even had anything to do with hosting 24hrs a day! And there pricing is more than fair. They have my vote for sure!

  8. #8SnoSheriff2010-12-18 11:37

    I build web sites for my customers and they are hosted from our dedicated server at Hostgator. My customers pay $120 for annual hosting and I recommend they move their email to the free version of Google Apps. This way they have spam protection, email access from anywhere, email backed by Google and their emails are still sent from their domain. This has worked very well. There are other benefits... http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html I visited your site and notice that you have your email addys listed on there. This invites web crawlers to harvest your email addys so they can send you more spam. Email web form might be a better alternative to your current functionality...

  9. #9Fordpickupman2011-01-18 16:05

    We use Talltree for a host. Really cheap, great service. Www.talltreenetworks.com

  10. #10filling machine2011-02-19 03:58

    I just use GoDaddy. Never try other types.

  11. #11wahalla2011-03-10 06:28

    There are many spam are found now in the internet. Protection is been very important. Did you try syronex? Some people told me that this will help you by using their spam protection tool.

  12. #12powerfind2011-03-16 09:18

    I highly recommend Low cost names (LCN) The prices are good, the technical support is excellent and I've never known my site have any down time.

  13. #13jrm15042011-04-15 10:39

    Before we started hosting our own sight a couple years ago, we used httpme http://www.httpme.com They are pretty cool and in fact, you could host multiple domains with them. You needed a bit of technical knowledge, but it isn't that bad. Service was pretty affordable and they really work hard to keep things up. Also, back to the technical bit, they included things such as spam assassin that you could tweak to get it juuuust right.

  14. #14BrianHay2011-04-15 18:37

    Check this guy out, Heavy Equipment Websites

  15. #15zhkent2011-04-30 21:52

    I use HostMonster.com.

  16. #16ntorea2011-06-14 16:12

    I have to echo the recommendations for BlueHost.com and HostMonster.com. It's cheap and they have great (native English speaking) tech support.

  17. #17BrianHay2011-06-14 17:46

    I would really like to help any HEF members who want a website. As many of you know it has been a hobby of mine for a long time. Well that hobby turned into a passion which is turning into a new career. I have been a strong, contributing member over at ocPortal for several years now and recently got the honor of being made an official partner , one of only four world wide. I did not pay to get that listing, I was voted in by the community there which makes it an even greater honor. I offer development, hosting and domain name registration for everything from small do it yourself websites (with my help) to fully managed and marketed corporate networks. The sites that I am most interested in creating of course are Heavy Equipment Websites. I do not want to lose touch with the industry that I love. And who better to create a Heavy Equipment Website for you than a fully accredited developer who is also a Heavy Equipment fanatic that knows the industry very well. Pay me a visit over at ocPortal Websites to learn more.

  18. #18oversizeloads2011-06-22 14:11

    We primarily use GoDaddy for domain name registering (although they seem to be getting more and more expensive every year). I've also heard good things about namecheap. As for webhosting, we have a dedicated server through a company called WiredTree for a couple hundred bucks a month. Hands down, the best hosting experience I've had in my 10+ years of running websites. Granted, we have several sites and web applications on our server, but not everyone will need a fully dedicated server. For shared hosting plans, I've heard good things about Dreamhost and Bluehost. Warning - stay far away from Network Solutions - they have been nothing but a nightmare for everyone I've ever talked to that has used them.

  19. #19brushmaster902011-07-19 23:54

    Personally I aint got a site. I rely on word of mouth. Now before you start going on how I need a website let me explain my point of view. Ime the only one in the county with a forestry mulcher. I am the only one within a few counties that can handle meduim jobs. Because ime the the only one it works out well. When you live in the sticks you rely on word of mouth. I have one big contract with the power company to maintain there right of ways, and the rest is just extry moeny.

  20. #20BrianHay2011-07-20 02:50

    Nothing at all wrong with that, not everyone needs or wants a website. It can be a great way to easily show potential new customers that heard of you from word of mouth exactly what you do and how you do it. But on the same note in an area like yours when people speak of you they/you can likely point at your work or mention a place you worked at that they pass in their travels. Sounds like business is good, right on.

  21. #21brushmaster902011-07-20 14:59

    Yeh, I mean eventually as I expeand I will get a website when I figure it out. Heck, I cant even figure out my digital camra better yet making a website. LOL And yes business is good(knock on wood, and thank the lord) lets hope it stays that way.

  22. #22BrianHay2011-07-20 17:41

    Lol Right on. Well in the future if you decide you want a website I hope you keep me in mind. I can create a site for you, keep it updated and maintained or help you do it. Even with no knowledge of how to do it, it is not out of reach or impossible. A large part of why I choose ocPortal as the software to create websites with can be found here . But in addition to that (I should add this to my FAQ) it is very well documented for beginners. There are well over 100 well written tutorials that are linked throughout your website that help walk you through anything you want to do on your website. I help to whatever level you want me too. If all you want is to be able to add and edit written content, pictures and videos that is as easy as adding a new topic in the forums here. I do everything else for you.

  23. #23Sk1872011-07-22 21:55

    We use godaddy its a pretty easy all in one solution. www.tylerdavid.com btw.

  24. #24heavywrench2011-08-03 22:06

    i use yahoo very good tech support and never had to stay on hold more that a few min.

  25. #25Milo50002011-09-06 18:35

    Satisfied with Go Daddy so far I used Go Daddy. It was about $65 for the year. I can tell you the help desk staff is awesome. Very courteous and available 24/7 to walk you through site issues. I'm no site builder so it was a struggle. We've got a family-owned excavating and dump trucking company - J. Ippolito Excavating - in Staten Island, NY. This is our first stab at a website. Here's what I managed to put together with a Go Daddy five page site: http://www.excavatenyc.com