Also your state and trade classification. masonry NY WC is 14.65% general liability is 6% I remember when I started it was like 2.1% in the late 70's
81 views and no one has comp
You will probably get more responses during the upcoming week. You posted on Friday when people were probably going home and that information is generally only available at the office. As I recall back in 2000 when I looked into it again, in Washington State a heavy construction mechanic cost around $5.00 per hour in L&I while a choker setter in the woods was up around $18.00 per hour. I know it has skyrocketed since then. I don't know what you mean by General Liability.
I'm guessing but think it's around 12% here in TN for WC in construction. At least that's my understanding of what you get charged if they don't like what they find in the yearly audit. I wonder just how many people acually have the base policy that covers no one for the $800 premium? I've heard rumor of a masive increase coming, but haven't found any concrete information. On a side note if this health care thing goes into effect what would be the point in keeping it in the case of employer suplied health care? Would that be double insurance? I get that WC is acident insurance for work and health is if I get sick, but why not combine the two and lower that rates? :Banghead Time to move on before I get to far off topic.
My minimum for me is 14.9% of 50,000 minimum payroll.
My comp is 8% of payroll.
Here in CA there are many different rates, depending on classification. Some workers comp rates I can remember are for operators, in general excavation, not trenching or other more hazardous things. If the pay is over $25 per hr, around 4%, if pay is under $25 per hr, it is around 8%. I guess they figure the higher paid worker is more experienced, and therefore less likely to be injured. Office and administrative is under 1%, while the highest classification I know of is roofers, at around 36%. General liability is based on gross reciepts, and in 2000, it was running 0.7% on around 7 million in sales. It peaked in about 2006 or 2007 at around 3.5%, and that is with a far better than average record, not quite zero claims, but close. It has now dropped to around 2.5%
mt total payroll tax of 24%. nd total payroll tax of about 19%. i don't have the breakdowns in my head here at home.