This is a minor thing... but I'm sure someone on here has a good answer. I thought I had a real good idea and talked the boss into buying me a cover for my welder that sits on the side of my service truck. Went to Airgas and bought the actual Miller cover (yep, blue and says Miller right on the side) to go over my older Bobcat 225G. I put it on and it seemed like it fit OK, maybe just a little extra room inside. I put bungee cords through the grommets at the bottom and thought everything was hunky-dory. Then I had to go on a run and spent 40 minutes running down Interstate. When I got home the cover had been flapping itself so much some of the logo on the cover had almost rubbed completely off . Has anybody else used one of these? How do you keep the extra material from becoming a sail and beating itself up?!
I saw the problem coming and had my daughter make one to match my truck.
I had one and instead of using the grommets on the bottom, I put several tarp straps from the sides over the top and back down to the other side, it only lasted about a year and between the sun and elements and wind, it was in shreds anyhow. I gave up with the cover idea completely and just let the sun fade my welder some, that and the hassle of taking it off and putting it on all the time got old really quick.
I put a ratchet strap around mine, going on 10 years now and still does the job.
Hey Tozzi, the ratchet strap works great! Now on to waterproofing. I've tried a few different kinds of spray can canvas sealer. They don't work worth a "darn". Anyone try Thompsons Water sealer? It says it's not for fabric but I don't know what else to try?