Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Welder sold with a twist

Welder Dave ยท 2023-12-10 17:17

The other thread was going in different directions so I thought I'd give an interesting update. The guy that's buying the welder is picking it up on Tuesday. His shop was broke into and his welder and tools were stolen. He said he'd rather just give the thieves some money than have his stuff stolen. He's an old truck driver as in 80 years old! He's done some welding and says his grandson is interested in welding. He mentioned the lessons I offered and I said sure. He agreed some one on one with an experienced welder would make it a lot easier. He's a little over an hour away but I'll make a day out of it. Hopefully it will be fun. I almost feel guilty for selling it (to him) at a $300 profit. Nice to have a win once in awhile though.

Replies5
  1. #1IceHole2023-12-10 23:57

    Ok?

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-12-11 00:24

    ???

  3. #3funwithfuel2023-12-11 06:34

    That's good. Sharing knowledge with the young'ns. Just hope the young man is interested in learning vs "well on YouTube, they do it like this."

  4. #4Old Doug2023-12-11 08:09

    Good deal i had been welding for years when i took some night classes i figured out quick there is stuff i didnt know and would have never learned on my own.

  5. #5Welder Dave2023-12-12 17:56

    The guy picked it up today. Real nice guy and he still drives a gravel truck with a pup at 80 years old! I had 2 more inquiries about the welder today too so if for some odd reason it's not suitable for him, I could have 2 other buyers.