Is anyone getting decent pricing on this stuff? It's pretty spendy in Western Montana . Galvanized and HDPE are similarly priced. 12" around $400 18" $600ish 24" is getting close to a grand
I got a quote for 63 a foot for 36-in pipe. I have a price on the 12 at home. I'll get it.
True North Steel in Billings makes galvanized culverts, and gives the best prices I’ve found. They also sell HDPE drainage pipe, and are similar in price to Northwest Pipe. The best deals I’ve gotten on HDPE came from American Pipe & Supply in Cut Bank, but I was buying SDR pipe. Not sure where they are on drainage pipe, but it might be worth a phone call, because I got some pretty amazing deals on the SDR pipe. Both are a ways from Corvallis. Don’t know how much you plan on buying.
Right now for 20’ culverts we are paying $500 for 24” HDPE. 60” HDPE last year was $2500. This 72” galvinized and aluminized DOT spec was $5000 in May of this year:
Current pricing for a burger joint from last week. All HDPE in 20' lengths. ON EDIT - prices do not include sales tax
OK here are the prices. $270 for a 12 HDPE $65 per foot on the 36" They will cut any length of the 36" and I may use that as my pump chamber for the sewage ejection pump. Pour it into a concrete base, and they have a stout 36" fiberglass lid with fasteners for $285. The purpose built units are really pricey.
Wow those are some great prices compared to around here
^Agreed. I need 1 stick of 12 for my driveway and I have a 5' short at work if I need more. I'll probably pay that inflated price for what I need.
ADS and Southeastern Culvert both have HDPE pipe plants in GA. I think there is one coming to AL. Either way freight is not too expensive. Concrete pipe on the other hand is double for the same size. Used to have 2 RCP manufacturers until Sherman/Heidelberg sold out. They still make bridge beams here but no RCP. Hope that changes in the future.
Got a hold of some suppliers. Core & Main, and True North Steel. Both had better pricing than the local places that are closer to me. Seemingly no rhyme or reason to their pricing as they would flip flop on whose prices were better HDPE vs Steel. Be nice if I could get one of them to price match the other or come close. I hate going to multiple places. Double Wall HDPE 12" $11.05 ft. 15" $16.85 18" $20.45 24" $32.75 36" $61.90 CSP 12" $21.75 15" $26.05 18" $32.56 24" $41.26 36" $71.05 The local pricing was sometimes close to double. I briefly considered used, but these prices will keep me from that. Thanks for the input guys.
Anyone know the pricing on 6" PVC well casing? $400 to $500 a stick? Joe H
SCH 40? Don't have current pricing for SCH 40 but I do have pricing for SDR21 recently.
I'm not sure what it is, the drillers seem to be a secretive lot. Joe H
Don’t know about 6” but I can’t imagine it’s anywhere near that expensive. I just bought 4” sch 40 pvc well casing with the bell ends, $82 per 20’ stick.
It's been a couple years (post-covid) but I got 2'x20' very sturdy plastic, presumably hdpe culvert from Menard's for a reasonable price, if I recall it was right around 300 bucks, they delivered two of them to me (with some other stuff) for 90 bucks.
Last one I bought was a 12" in 2013 and it was $30 a foot. Probably 2x that now. Needed a 10ft stick of 6" well case this summer to weld on my well fir a riser. May as well asked for bald eagle tears since I didn't know the secret handshake or something.
Asked when I was at our local supply house today, 6” sch 40 pvc well casing/bell end, is $170 per 20’ stick.
Last galvanized I got were per MODOT Spec and picked them up in Jefferson City, pricing was not so bad but was 14 years ago, all sizes made to order from 4" to 6' diameters and could flat oval form them for larger cross section shorter height. Last I bought local were DHPE double wall ribbed outer slick inner. Pricey but necessity.