Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Welding tracton cleats to inside of over tire tracks

ridenby ยท 2021-08-01 15:48

Have OTT/ over tire tracks, getting tire spin/slippage in wet, steep, muddy conditions. Thinking I will weld 3/8 square stock on inside of tracks to catch tire lugs and help keep tracks spinning. Outside might benefit later. I get the tracks tight as a banjo string,I have two sets of tires,regular tractor type and a square long wear blacktop tire. I think cleats on inside will help. What are you alls thoughts?

Replies3
  1. #1Aarons812021-08-01 16:23

    Your going to destroy your tires doing that. Is the tread worn out on the tires, causing the tracks to get loose? Most tracks are adjustable. Are yours?

  2. #2ridenby2021-08-01 18:45

    Tires have deep tread, one set new other used though deep tread. Tracks are mounted as tight as possible. Bent one rim when a flat rock got caught up in track.

  3. #3Aarons812021-08-01 21:20

    Standard treads, tractor style? I've had slipping before on mine but never anything too terrible. How steep are the grades you working on?