Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Western Star Log Trucks

Paystar · 2014-03-24 18:21

I wanted to post this here instead of in the trucks section as there are a lot of B.C. loggers on here and you all seem to have a lot of great pics. Being that White/Western Star's were built in B.C. and were always advertised as "born to log", does anyone have pics of the older B.C. built Stars at work? I'd really like to see some older White Western Stars from the 70's and 80's.

Replies163
  1. #1lowbed driver2014-03-24 19:06

    crap I gotta figure out how to post pics. I have pics of 72,74 and 76 W.Stars I drove(dumps and a dump converted to logger) as well as an 87/88 dump and a tractor of same vintage.

  2. #2CRAFT2014-03-24 19:11

    I have a ton of those kind of pics … BUT ….. they are still stuck on my 35mm negative strips or in photo 4"x6" format ….. one of these days I will be able to organize and put them into Digital form ……. Don't Forget to "Check-Out" the HEF Sister Site HTF (HeavyTruckForums.Com) ……………. cheers

  3. #3Doug19662014-03-25 20:43

    Western Star Logger Hi, thought I would get this started with a table top Truck. '70's White Western Star with an Arctic Tandem pole trailer. Thanks Doug

  4. #4Paystar2014-03-26 09:04

    Nice model. Very impressive. Did you build that Doug? I've got a 2013 4900 Star....but I really like the styling of those old 70's Stars. I think they had some of the nicest paint schemes back then too. Figured there would be more pics of them from B.C. All I ever read was how popular they were.

  5. #5lowbed driver2014-03-26 11:01

    The ones I drove were that model. Looked nice but I had to crouch down to look out the side window. Cheers L.D.

  6. #6Blk prince2014-03-26 20:36

    Although they are not really old my company has three stars that are used only as yard dogs. Two are 1994 one one is 1995. They have Cummins N14,18 speed trans and 46000 rear ends.all are day cabs and keep on ticking

  7. #7Doug19662014-03-27 01:23

    Hi,Yes I did build it. The owner's kids had it made for him as a x-mas present. Thanks Doug.

  8. #8Dave Hadden2014-03-27 15:42

    Can't help with any logging truck pics but here's one of my Dad's 1947 White flatdeck he shortened up four feet then built a camper on the back, back in the '50's. That's me as mighty hunter. The truck was originally owned by Dairyland and designed to carry pallets of dairy products. Dad bought it and added a new deck with a roller so he could haul lumber from up near Boston Bar down to Burnaby and then made an early RV out of it. Tons of fun camping with that thing and it was the first ever non-four wheel drive vehicle to drive through from Squamish to Lilloet back about 1960 or so. Dad and my Stepmother did it and the story was written up in the newspaper at Lilloet owned by Ma Barker. Take care.

  9. #9Paystar2014-03-27 17:22

    Cool Dave. Especially that your Dad made it into an RV after working it way back then. Bet you wish you had that truck now eh?

  10. #10Hank R2014-05-30 22:51

    Here are a few Western Star trucks here in Princeton, 1st K & M Star was new in January, the other K & M truck is a few years old. J Passmore Star at the K & M shop Fred had bad luck with his year old Star the reach broke right in town, screwed up traffic for a few hrs.

  11. #11camptramp2014-05-30 23:33

    What happened , did the skid plate on the bottom of bunk drop down and get hung up on skid plate on top of the bolster, stopping the trailer from pivoting under the load and following the truck around a tight turn? I've been around a lot of Tridrive trucks with Tridem trailers , but I don't recall any broken reaches.

  12. #12Hank R2014-05-30 23:40

    If I remember correct the reach just broke where it comes out of the trailer. Never did hear the real story on that could of been a older reach just metal old and let go?? No one got hurt happened just as you make a 90 turn off the highway most likely in 3rd or 4th, slow and got stopped quick.

  13. #13Hank R2014-05-31 09:51

    Here are a few more Stars from here. This is Fred's Star when it was 1 week old. Next year the reach broke on the trailer

  14. #14Blk prince2014-05-31 09:56

    One question what is ruling in your area concerning load restraints,because I see one load has belts and we cannot use them on the coast.

  15. #15Hank R2014-05-31 11:05

    I do not know the answer for you but will check it out and let you know. The white truck was a out of town truck hauling peelers down to the beach (Vancouver area) most truckers use cable wrappers here.

  16. #16Blk prince2014-05-31 11:13

    On the Island all loads must have wrappers and now some lengths require 3. If the load is poles on a flat deck used for lumber then the belts are allowed. Always nice to know if rules are different in other locations.

  17. #17Hank R2014-05-31 11:50

    Most long loads 52ft use 3 wrappers, this load with the belts was past scales near Hope so I am guessing it was legal.

  18. #18525isx2014-05-31 12:19

    here in Washington 3 wrappers are required on any load over 17 feet. ( 1 log over 17,the rest shorter, still 3 wrappers )

  19. #19Hank R2014-05-31 13:49

    Belts can be used on Hay racks or highboy trailers if winches and hooks are welded to the frame near the bunks if I understood it correctly.

  20. #20Hank R2014-05-31 16:09

    I can not remember just where this picture was taken. Here is a off highway load with a highway truck, west of Prince George. Wonder how many log Carrier lumber left behind.

  21. #21Hank R2014-06-01 15:06

    A group of 3 Western Stars that Norm Simmons had. First one a 1970, with a 335 Cummins and 13 speed, Prince George B.C. Late 70's Star in Princeton. Lost my notes on this truck.

  22. #22Blk prince2014-06-01 16:29

    Hank R, could you tell me why the loaded truck on the scale has the loader sitting on the load? Could not go down the road like that.

  23. #23Hank R2014-06-01 17:21

    Very sorry but I do not have the answer to that, I am only guessing here. But the truck does not have the grapple thumb sticking out from the front bumper like all the other hook trucks I have seen I have seen 1 or 2 over the years that hang the grapple behind the cab. BUT it makes no sence to me at all. I also do not know how one could turn any corners unless there was a way to leave the swing valves open. May be he was picking up the load that fell off earlier...NOT. At least the ends were pointed when he got to the mill.

  24. #24Hank R2014-06-03 21:33

    Parked in Princeton for a time cycle stop, before going to Weyerhaeueuser.

  25. #25Vigilant2014-06-03 23:30

    Judging by how wide the bunks are and how tall the load is, could that truck be running off-highway? If so, I would doubt that there are any height restrictions, although it might be somewhat top heavy.

  26. #26Blk prince2014-06-03 23:48

    At the same time as the truck turns,the loader would not swing as swing valve would be close with PTO disengaged. Would that not put a lot of pressure on the boom?

  27. #27Hank R2014-06-03 23:57

    Yes the highway truck is off highway for Carrier lumber so any thing goes .At one time in our lives I and many other thought that the more you hauled the more money you made... but that is not true it just brakes down faster and break down cost more. The truck is not making any money but you are spending a ton. So I am thinking the owner at this time had not learned that over weight by 30 to 40% is not the way to stay in this business for the long run.

  28. #28boardbysled2014-06-04 00:30

    Few pictures of my fathers new Western Star.

  29. #29Hank R2014-06-04 08:48

    That is a sharp looking logger for sure. How much weight can you haul with all those wheels? Also how long are the logs?? Looks like you are stretched out pretty good.

  30. #30Vigilant2014-06-04 11:22

    I recall a post or two in another thread here some time ago about some hair-brained scheme to replace off-highway trucks with Western Star highway trucks. Sounds like something a crap-for-brains bean counter would cook up.

  31. #31boardbysled2014-06-04 21:07

    Usually preferred log lengths in the western Washington/Oregon is either 40' or 32' (with a foot of trim). I believe these are 40's. He can do 35.5 tons net with 40' logs with this setup in Washington.

  32. #32Hank R2014-06-05 10:19

    1974 White Western Star, 1693 Cat with a brake saver, 15 speed, driver Terry Wright.

  33. #33Blk prince2014-06-05 12:43

    You would be surprised at how many Western Star Tri-drives are running on Van Island.one company alone has 90 plus in his fleet. Working well in the logging sector,put logs on truck in bush then ask where it goes.

  34. #34Hank R2014-06-05 20:17

    Here there are about 10 or 12 Western Stars and 20 or so KW's. Freightliner is getting more every year may be 10 that haul into town. Most guys like the front axle on the Stars and Freight shakers, as they never replace king pins and the KW and Pete guys do.

  35. #35Vigilant2014-06-05 20:43

    I'm surprised to hear that anyone has anything good to say about a freight shaker. In my book, they are the very bottom of the barrel, and I have shared those sentiments with their salesmen who came to call.

  36. #36Blk prince2014-06-05 21:01

    I will defend theFreightliner,as I have been on the same one since new in 1999. Had an I frame January of 2013,clutch 11yrs old tramns and rears are original. Cab has no squeaks and still very tight. We hav 3 99s 6,2000s and 9 2007s.

  37. #37ben46a2014-06-05 21:05

    Freightliners are the only highway trucks to go from $120,000 to 5000$ in 3 years. Cheap. Here in eastern canada, western stars rule the woods with a few paccars and freightliners in the mix too. I often wondered why they're aren't many pictures of western star 6900xd's hauling logs, but I'm guessing the economics these days don't work for new off highway gear.

  38. #38Vigilant2014-06-06 17:08

    Glad they're working out for you. Maybe they have some heavier specs than what we see down in the lower 48. I have not seen similar results around here. Also, as Ben implied, their resale around here is horrible, especially those powered by Detroit.

  39. #39Blk prince2014-06-07 00:24

    The 2000 series have all got Cummins n14 and 6 have been sold at a price of $20K with jobs

  40. #40Paystar2014-06-07 08:46

    Awesome pics guys. I especially like the old ones Hank. I like the Mustang emblem scheme on the doors of that white tri-drive, lol. As far as Freightliner's.....I never thought much of them either until I got a few of them. Two 1998 setback heavy specs and a 2012 Coronado SD. They have held up well on and off road.

  41. #41Hank R2014-06-07 09:01

    Here is Ed Forde's Star it is a 1990, 444 Cummins 13 speed with a 1990 trailer and loader. Might not be here much longer as it is for sale and he has had a bit of interest might end up on the QCI in BC.

  42. #42Hank R2014-06-09 11:25

    Here is Dennis Cook Holdings truck in the mud before breakup. 1 set of chains on.

  43. #43Hank R2014-06-22 16:45

    John was lucky or unlucky depends on how you look at it, B-Train short logger and the lead fell of the road.

  44. #44Hank R2014-06-23 21:30

    Grad was last Saturday and this was the ride of choice.

  45. #45Sidney432014-06-24 00:04

    Love the photo - matching camo outfits for the graduation and transportation is a very shiny truck, which probably made everyone else's ride look weak.

  46. #46Hank R2014-06-24 09:05

    I guess go big or stay in school, I am sure that Jim will be letting his son drive this truck as soon as he gets the right licence. Just has to wait for his next birthday.

  47. #47Hank R2014-07-27 17:11

    Wish Dave would of had his truck clean for me..

  48. #48Hank R2014-08-02 11:54

    J.S. Cook here in Princeton all shinny for a parade.

  49. #49Mike L2014-08-02 20:14

    always liked that style of western star. I think its called the heritage?

  50. #50Hank R2014-08-03 14:06
  51. #51Hayesno12014-08-03 14:28

    Western Star logging truck near Cameron Shop, summer 2014

  52. #52Hank R2014-08-03 19:28
  53. #53Hank R2014-08-09 12:11

    Western Star from New Zealand.

  54. #54Hank R2014-08-10 14:45
  55. #55Mike L2014-08-10 19:43

    what year was western star no longer associated with white?

  56. #56Vigilant2014-08-10 21:20

    I would bet they broke off the same time A-Car broke off. My guess is about 1987 or 88. I believe '86 was the last model year of the REAL A-Car.

  57. #57Hank R2014-08-10 21:37

    I am thinking 1980 or 81. Just a guess but I have been wrong before. In 1967 White Trucks started the Western Star division as White Western Star with a new plant at Kelowna, British Columbia, sharing headquarters with White in Cleveland, Ohio. By 1980, White was insolvent, despite importing Semon E. "Bunkie" Knudsen, son of General Motors legend Semon Knudsen, and President of Ford Motor Company in 1969–70. Volvo AB acquired the U.S. assets of the company, while two energy-related companies based in Calgary, Alberta, Bow Valley Resource Services and Nova, an Alberta Corp., purchased the Canadian assets, including the Kelowna, British Columbia, plant, and the Western Star nameplate and product range. In 1990 Western Star Trucks was purchased by Australian businessman Terry Peabody, who turned around the company's fortunes over the next 10 years, and in 2000 the company was purchased by the Daimler AG North American truck division.

  58. #58Hank R2014-08-11 12:40
  59. #59CRAFT2014-08-11 13:20

    Hank !!! …. "BOY are you bringing back Memories" …. What an AMAZING Collection of Historic Pictures ! …… Keep Them Coming ! Hank ??? …. was it that late that White left Western Star (thinking where they did not associate the White Logo on the Trucks) …. I'm thinking it was ~ '76/'77 where I saw the last White Western Star Trucks ??? …. I drove a '79 Western Star that had NO "White" logo on it anywhere, I wish I could easily post pics from my 35mm negatives of some of the Western Stars I drove, including my '86/'87 I still have …. It's a Story All on it's own what that rig has gone thru, all of the transformations/configurations ….starting out as a 248"wb (PG Logger…. which was a common configuration phrase) …. Hendrickson 60" spread with a BC-3 475hp Twin Turbo, RTO 14613, DT460 2-speed Eaton's 529:1 lows 390:1 highs, Locker in the rear, Wagon Wheels and a Columbia Tri-Axle long Log trailer……. to a 248"wb with an Anser Jeep/Pole Trailer and Low Bed Tractor to a Super-B hauling Tractor (which is why it got shortened up and Air ride) to as it sits now a 240"wb, 54" spread Pete Air-Trac, modified to DT-461's, Locker in the front, Polished Alcoas all the way around, re-powered to a CAT 425hp Air-Air (486hp to the ground)c/w CAT Retarder & Jake Heads (from my '87 donor truck), RTO 15713 double over and Finally a semi retired Job as a Dump with Highlift and wet-kit ….. As the industry is now She sits in the back yard, Paid for and costs nothing to sit until things change ….. LOL Cheers ….. GK !

  60. #60Hank R2014-08-11 16:38

    I am almost out of pictures here. In the last few months I have gone through most of my pictures, need pictures from others. I thought that in the late 70's the hood grab handle was just a W but still had White on the side of hoods. Might have to stop at a Western dealer and look at parts book for information. My mind is blank for dates.:beatsme

  61. #61Vigilant2014-08-11 18:12

    Pics or it didn't happen!

  62. #62Vigilant2014-08-11 18:19

    Interesting stuff here as well on White and A-Car. I thought 1986 was the last REAL A-Car... maybe I was wrong. Still not sure after reading this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Motor_Company I also just learned that Cletrac was owned by White.

  63. #63Hank R2014-08-11 19:28

    1954 White WC 22 Babine Lake B.C. 1959 White, with a Oliver OC-12 cat

  64. #64Hank R2014-08-11 23:01

    A Star from Organ last summer.

  65. #65CRAFT2014-08-12 02:33

    You're a Funny Guy ! …..

  66. #66Hank R2014-08-12 09:22
  67. #67Sigurd2014-08-12 14:10

    Hank R, have you got some info about the trucks in post 67 like when and where the pics were taken, engine/ trans? Looks like tire pressure monitoring on driving axles, what about the others, just wondering... Thanks for sharing great pics! Sigurd

  68. #68Hank R2014-08-12 15:58

    Siqurd I am sorry but do not have that information, but will try to find out. My friend in New Zealand send me these pictures, he know I like Western Star and Pacific trucks. Received the Star pictures last year. Picture was taken Sept 18, 2013.

  69. #69Hank R2014-08-13 09:02
  70. #70loggers son2014-08-15 18:39

    In new zealand the system is called CTI, for central tyre inflation. it allows the driver to select a lower tyre pressure when running off highway which gives better grip and helps reduce punctures. not so good when you are loading the truck with a wheel loader and you get too close and break the fittings off. drivers get a bit cranky ........ HankR thanks for posting all the new zealand pictures, all the old pacifics are awesome, those photos take me way back, I think Iv'e loaded or have taken a ride in most of them. great stuff keep posting trev

  71. #71Hayesno12014-08-19 15:06

    Western Star with a very nice load, Campbell River 2014

  72. #72Hayesno12014-08-19 15:26

    Some pics of Holbrook Dysons fleet of off highway Western Star logging trucks. Summer 2005 Vancouver Island

  73. #73Hank R2014-08-20 11:52
  74. #74Blk prince2014-08-20 13:25

    Good morning Hank. Post #73 the 4th picture. At the far left is a truck,yellow in color. Do you recall what that was?

  75. #75Hank R2014-08-20 14:11

    I do not as it was not my pictures, but I am thinking it may be a Challenger by the front bumper etc.

  76. #76Hank R2014-08-20 14:48

    I took these pictures in Kelowna in 75. This White mustang was in Cranbrook.

  77. #77Hayesno12014-08-20 17:42

    It's a Hayes HDX with lowbed. I will scan my pics of her and post them in near future...

  78. #78Blk prince2014-08-20 18:03

    Hayesno1 good to hear from you. Thanks for update on HDX

  79. #79ben46a2014-08-21 12:43

    Those 3 stacked up look like owen davis truckings from sackville, Nova Scotia. They had 3 same as those for gravel trucks.

  80. #80CRAFT2014-08-21 19:16

    That was a Very Common colour scheme ben46a ….. it was carried thru into the early '80s too

  81. #81Hayesno12014-08-24 10:08

    More pics from Holbrook & Dyson...

  82. #82Hayesno12014-08-24 10:16

    More pics from Holbrook & Dyson... More pics from Holbrook & Dyson...

  83. #83Hayesno12014-08-24 10:30

    Last pics from Holbrook & Dyson Western Star fleet and an old Western Star logging truck

  84. #84Hank R2014-09-10 16:21
  85. #85madill man2014-09-12 20:18

    western star at Ritchie bros sale 2008 prince George

  86. #86Hank R2014-09-17 11:25

    Mill yard duty for this Star.

  87. #87Hank R2014-10-13 14:35

    Was in Merritt B.C. on the weekend and found a few Stars.

  88. #88Hank R2014-10-14 12:09
  89. #89camptramp2015-06-08 00:27

    IPL #139 2006 Western Star , tridrive with tridum trailer , new early summer 2006 HBO Div.

  90. #90camptramp2015-06-08 00:31

    IPL #139 Western Star

  91. #91Hank R2015-06-08 15:44

    A new long logger is not that common around here any more, mills are going to cut to length which means short logs. Great looking set up

  92. #92Hank R2015-07-31 18:32

    Mike Beesley send me these pictures from New Zealand of a new Western Star as well as one of there other Western Star loggers.

  93. #93Hank R2016-07-08 13:30

    Out for a bike ride this morning and caught 3 stars at the A&W.

  94. #94Hank R2016-07-13 15:12

    A little better load of sticks than most guys are getting.

  95. #95Truck Shop2016-07-13 22:19

    One of my pen and inks. These were my favorite models of Stars. Truck Shop

  96. #96Hank R2016-07-14 08:22

    You did a great job, with the pen and ink.

  97. #97RonG2016-07-14 10:20

    You should see the others he has done.Ron G

  98. #98Hank R2016-07-14 11:32

    New Western Star short logger in town DD16, 605 hp, 18 speed.

  99. #99Hank R2016-07-15 15:58

    Must be Western Star week they all seem to stop for a picture this for me.

  100. #100Hank R2016-10-30 12:35

    Mike Beesley send me these pictures from New Zealand .

  101. #101Hayesno12018-09-22 02:52
  102. #102Grizzly12022-12-30 17:02
  103. #103Grizzly12022-12-30 17:03

    1978 I bought last spring , had been parked under cover for 26 yrs . Had it fired up in 15 mins

  104. #10492U 34062022-12-30 18:07

    Western Star is definitely one of my favourites. There's a reason they're one of the most popular trucks in logging. I wish they still built them in Kelowna, used to be the highlight of the trip any time we got to drive past the factory as a kid. My dad got a tour of the factory there about 30 years ago.

  105. #10592U 34062022-12-30 18:14

    32:40 that was it, last of the true Western Stars IMO.

  106. #106Hayesno12022-12-30 18:56

    This one I caught in July

  107. #107Hayesno12022-12-30 18:59

    A few more

  108. #108camptramp2022-12-30 22:23

    Timberwest HBO Div. #41-119 2001 Western Star

  109. #10992U 34062022-12-30 22:35

    Interesting combo of wagon wheels and polished aluminum on the steer axle. Can't honestly say I've ever seen a tridrive anywhere with wagon wheels. Definitely stands out.

  110. #110camptramp2022-12-31 23:19

    Dave Whiskin Photo's Timberwest HBO Div. Timberwest's fleet of Western Stars at Honeymoon Bay former Dry Land Sort 2002 or 2003 . All these trucks were built at the Kelowna plant .

  111. #111Grizzly12023-01-01 20:18
  112. #112Grizzly12023-01-01 20:19

    A few of the Western Stars in my yard !

  113. #113Doug19662023-01-01 21:00

    Looks like an old San Jose KW on the end of row in last picture

  114. #114Grizzly12023-01-01 21:02

    And you’d be correct , I bought it to pull my tridem end dump

  115. #115Coaldust2023-01-01 21:21

    Life is Fantastic. Ol’e Ray lives in his White Western Star rig sleeper. Surprised nobody has posted this. I heard he moved to Florida.

  116. #116Doug19662023-01-01 22:24

    Built this for them.

  117. #117Grizzly12023-01-01 23:11

    One of my favourite builds you have Doug

  118. #118Doug19662023-01-01 23:16

    I just figured it out, Mark?

  119. #119Grizzly12023-01-02 00:34

    What’s that Doug?

  120. #120camptramp2023-01-02 00:36

    Ed Isacson Photos D. Evans Trucking

  121. #121Hank R2023-01-04 07:39

    Not really a log truck but a crew bus in Indonesa ??? if I remember right for a Gold mine..

  122. #122Grizzly12023-01-04 11:29
  123. #123Grizzly12023-01-04 11:32
  124. #124Grizzly12023-01-04 11:33

    A couple of my trucks from yrs ago …

  125. #125Grizzly12023-01-04 15:50
  126. #126Grizzly12023-01-04 15:51

    A 1989 project truck I’ve been working on in my spare time ….

  127. #127Grizzly12023-01-04 16:01

    Before and after pics

  128. #128Grizzly12023-01-04 16:02
  129. #129Truck Shop2023-01-04 17:45

    Pretty spanky looking there MT. I like the loggers, but I just have to throw in a roadie.

  130. #130Grizzly12023-01-04 18:39

    Those mid 80s Stars with the cools exhaust curves were sexy !

  131. #131Truck Shop2023-01-04 20:02

    A fuel distributor that I worked for here in town had a 1985 Star just like that black one above only it was white. It came with a BCIII 400 that broke a crank and ruined the block. I built a N14 mechanical with ceramic pistons and a few other odds and ends plus installed a CAC out of a 89 Star. Don't truthfully know what horse power or torque it put out but it was a bunch. At the time Gayle who was my partner in the shop where I work now was still behind the wheel of his 3408 powered 359, it was a year before he went into the shop. I remember him saying {I was coming back from Twin Falls on a trip and I can tell you that white star was one of the very few that gave me trouble, that star will run. They sold it and it ended up some where in the midwest.

  132. #132Grizzly12023-01-04 21:30

    She must of been a Hot engine . Nothing wrong with a N14. 525 hp

  133. #133Truck Shop2023-01-04 21:38

    It was a kit, that reportedly would produce 575-if it did I couldn't tell you I never drove it. But the old guy who did said it pulled like a freight train. You couldn't pry him out of that Star.

  134. #134Hank R2023-01-06 07:09

    My friend Rob sent to me 3 years ago.

  135. #135Hank R2023-01-06 07:14

    A shinny Star

  136. #136Grizzly12023-01-06 19:43

    The fleet back in 2008

  137. #137camptramp2023-01-06 23:15

    Dave Whiskin Photo's Timberwest HBO Div.

  138. #138Hayesno12023-01-15 18:26

    Western Star Sander truck it might be an old Saunders truck

  139. #139Hayesno12023-01-17 15:23

    Western Star at Beaver Cove Summer 2022

  140. #140camptramp2023-01-18 00:04

    Dave Whiskin Photo's Timberwest HBO "Poor Rich Bennett Trucking" Hauling for Timberwest at Honemoon Bay DLS

  141. #141skadill2023-01-18 00:19
  142. #142Grizzly12023-01-19 11:00

    A couple of my loggers getting it done

  143. #143Hank R2023-01-19 19:36

    Looks like you have some good stuff to log your way, some of the timber sales here look like they need 30 or 40 more years growth.

  144. #144Truck Shop2023-01-19 22:00

    A favorite ad.

  145. #145Grizzly12023-01-20 01:03

    That was some private wood in the Shuswap . Yes it was nice Fir

  146. #146Hayesno12023-01-20 17:22

    Western Star off highway truck Holbrook Dyson unit #2268. I do not know the history of her but I guess she is used for spare parts now. Summer 2022.

  147. #147Hayesno12023-01-20 17:26

    Another Holbrook Dyson truck unit #2267. I think they got 6 or 7 WS from new. Please add any information or correct me

  148. #148Hayesno12023-01-24 17:13
  149. #149Paystar2023-02-10 10:45

    I know the use of fat trucks has declined in recent years, but anybody out there using 6900XD planetary trucks like we have here in Ontario and Quebec?

  150. #150Hank R2023-02-10 17:09

    Welcome back Paystar long time missing in action...

  151. #151Paystar2023-02-10 19:55

    Thanks Hank. Haven't been hear in a long time. Only been looking at farm tractors ever since I rid my life of trucks.

  152. #152camptramp2023-02-10 22:33

    Gord Isacson Photo's Malloch Logging

  153. #153Grizzly12023-02-10 23:14

    That’s when Western Star built quality trucks ! Great looking logger

  154. #154Paystar2023-02-11 08:50

    Yep, real Star's were made in BC Canada. It's ashame they were turned into Freightliners now with this X series.

  155. #155camptramp2023-02-12 23:18

    Pat MacMillen Photo's Timberwest HBO Div. "Poor Rich Bennett" truck leased to Timberwest

  156. #156Truck Shop2023-02-28 17:06

    Not a logger but interesting, a 1969.

  157. #157camptramp2023-03-12 00:45

    Pat MacMillen photos "Poor Rich Bennett" truck leased to Timberwest HBO Div.

  158. #158Jumbo2023-04-11 00:22

    That 4th photo, it appears four wing logs on the driver's side are missing the trailer stake. Optical illusion?

  159. #159camptramp2023-04-11 01:00

    Your not seeing things the side logs are not inside the stakes . The driver can not take that load down the public highway until its fixed .

  160. #160Hank R2026-03-04 19:59

    A Western Star from New Zealand that mike sent to me today. Interesting how they haul the trailer back empty.

  161. #161Hank R2026-03-04 20:12
  162. #162Grizzly12026-03-04 22:19

    before n after pics of my 78 White

  163. #163Hank R2026-03-05 10:50