Morning folks! Noob to the forum and a bit of a shade tree mechanic here so bear with me! We've got a 3 year old WN wheel loader here at the yard (8085T)that's been well maintained and used as it was meant to be over the last 3 years and I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with what I would consider a pretty major design flaw. Maybe it's common to use a hydraulic hose as an electrical conduit for the attachment cylinder circuit and I'm an idiot which is also fine. I didn't see any older threads about it so here goes... The wiring to the solenoid that operates the attachment lock cylinders comes out of the end of the boom in a hydraulic hard line. (not hydraulically charged obviously) For articulation purposes the wiring then runs through about 3ish feet of hose and into another hard line for a bit, then runs to the solenoid behind the attachment plate. The problem is that after 3 years of heavy use and the hose not being charged, the hose is broken, allowing a sharp kink. Due to plugs on the end simply pulling the wire and replacing the hose is not an option without cutting the OEM harness.(which I'd like to avoid if possible) A previous co-worker put a small piece of poly pipe over it with hose clamps to keep it from bending repeatedly. Lasted about 10 days at a time. Unfortunately, it's been neglected for about a month and now its blowing fuses on that circuit. I'm guessing constant bending has damaged something internally although the sheathing is solid. I've got a temporary fix in mind to prevent further kinking and hoping we can get by for a bit but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this issue before on anything and what your solution might have been? Or am I missing something that is also common to this particular circuit that I should be looking out for. We don't have WN support due to discounted price in exchange for dealership and I doubt thats an area under warranty at this point. I'll add some pics after while, just wanted to run it past yall and see if it rings any bells. Appreciate the look and any advice any of you may have. Thanks for reading!
No replies yet.