Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What a beuty!!! Now this is a prim mover.

CatGrader ยท 2014-06-20 06:13

http://tanksim.org.ru/references/letourneaucrane/letourneaucrane.php I love this thing. btw I reckon she would have pulled a 32 c/y Hancock e/el Bowl no problem at all. :cool2:drinkup

Replies6
  1. #1RZucker2014-06-20 22:00

    That is a cool machine. Back in 93 or so I got involved in rebuilding several similar machines for the US Navy. Same crane and tractor but powered with 12V71 Detroit Diesels. Awesome machines!. As far as the Hancock goes, The B70/333 was powered by a 12V71, I doubt that cummins could run the elevator motors. When I was growing up Dad had one of the original 333s and ran it around 13,000 hrs. The sound alone was the greatest, finally at about 14 I was trusted to run it a bit too. But I preferred my pet 252FT, a little more user friendly.

  2. #2movindirt2014-06-21 00:53

    R.G. LeTourneau built some amazing stuff, thats for sure.

  3. #3RZucker2014-06-21 21:52

    And almost all of his stuff didn't have hydraulic oil to leak and drip I have worked with a bunch of the older equipment and it did have its own electrical gremlins however.

  4. #4johan72014-06-29 05:11

    Here is a picture of that B-Tournacrane when it still was in a junk yard , somewhere in the Netherlands , johan7

  5. #5CatGrader2014-06-29 19:31

    I wonder how many were made ? And still exist for that matter ? btw you can see the yellow paint under the army camo.

  6. #6RZucker2014-06-29 22:24

    I know of 5 that were totally rebuilt for the US navy in 1993. First one went to Norfolk Va, second one went to Guantanamo bay, the third I believe went to Subic bay, Phillipines. After that I lost touch with that project.