Can you use an extendahoe to move a bucketful of dirt that you have already scooped? I dug a bucket full, and then used the extendahoe to extend the bucket past the trench to then dump it on the far side. I then retracted to dig again. Is that ok? I try not to dig using the extend function. Only to move the bucket through the air. Thanks
emmett518 I see no reason why you can't dig and dump with the hoe extended. I do try and avoid prying out large boulders or stumps with it extended though but have done it on many occasions when it was necessary.
That is what the extendahoe is for - the extra reach. It's designed to dig and grade extended within reason. Like Billrog said don't try to pry stumps, boulders or some other obstruction with it fully extended. I've got a 2003 420DIT extendahoe I bought new and it's dug countless times with the boom extended without any issues. The extendahoe is very useful in backfilling and grading being able to reach the last edge of the pile. Just use common sense and don't abuse it.
Yes it is also a factor of power. It does not have as much all hung out. I have never had a problem with that part of an extendahoe, it is built to squirt with a load just fine.
That's fine, don't pry with it out, play boulder golf, do a lot of side sweeping especially with a large bucket on, that stuff is a quick way to blow out or break an extenadahoe.
Running an e stick in and out with it laying flat with the bucket full wears the pads a lot faster pad wear needs shim work to keep tight the other thing to take note of with the stick all out at full swing is abrupt stops with the bucket full of dirt that's a lot of inertia to stop If you are running an l series they are pretty stout in design a pain to shim tho Cats older designs like on the d and c series had a lot of draw backs and I have replaced countless dippers and a handful of sticks but that was design issues that have been corrected The thing to watch is pad wear when they get a loose that's likely when they get damaged so keep it shimed you wont have any problem
I use my extendahoe fairly frequently like a non-extended version as well, but like others take it gentler. skyking- uh...
If I could extendahoe I definitely would, but she is already 60 years old and says those days are long over.
How many dents are in your forehead if I was a betting man I would say you turned frying pan throwing into an Olympic sport lol
What pad? What shims? You mean the contact point between the stinger and the sleeve? I've been using grease on those surfaces. Is that correct? Chris
Those pads are poly and teflon no grease required I have been told that grease is bad for them but I am not sure if I believe that it will hold the dust on however witch will grind on the pads As those pads wear they need shim plates put behind them to keep the e stick tight on the dipper stick
My service manual suggested NLGI #00 grease for the extendahoe rails.
T The top and bottom of it should be kept greased.