Hi all! As I said on one of my other threads my Case 580CK needs a brake job. To keep it affordable and justify all the tools I have invested in over the years I will do this myself if at all possible. I've been looking at the manuals and the online sellers. Seems like a relatively easy, affordable, job with parts available. I do still need to search the archives here for any related threads/posts. If you know of any here (or perhaps on internet in general) post a link please. First I thought I'd take the covers off first to determine the condition of the current parts and the scope of what might need to be replaced before just buying parts based on assumptions. But even before I do that, any advice or suggestions? Any parts suppliers that are favored or not favored?
I found T his site has quite a few parts for the 580ck including brake components. Also found This site that has a lot of used parts if you can't get your hands on a new/aftermarket part. I still have not done the brakes or fixed the leaking seal that's pouring gear oil from the weep hole before the brake cover. But i have found these threads very helpful trying to learn about it before i crack it open and get my hands dirty. HeavyEquipmentForums HeavyEquipmentForums If you're really getting into the job, you may want to try and replace the seals on the outer shaft while you have it all apart. I believe these are the proper parts for that project. http://e-backhoeparts.com/seal-side-gear-a39273-g10689-430ck580d-p-3719 http://e-backhoeparts.com/plug-side-gear-430580d-p-1647
If you are removing the brake plates to change the seals do one side at at time so you can lock the other brake on to keep the differential from dropping, it is bad for the seals if you have to lift the shaft back on center to start the plate back into the housing