2004 Chevrolet Silverado for Sale in Bimble, KY - OfferUp Good, 99,xxx just needs emergency brakes. 2wd 4.3 5spd V6 m80 cherry bomb exhaust and new tow hitch and kit full led aftermarket, radio and back up camera a lot more to that I might not have added, including the rims and with good tires. Make an offer!; offerup.com Dude is looking to trade straight up for my bike. I don't know much about trucks and just from the listing I'm getting a better deal, but something seems shadyish. My bike is selling for 4k, see link below, his truck is listed for 8500. 2004 Honda vtx1300s - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle... Buy this motorcycle! A 2004 Honda VTX1300s! Brand new Michelin Commander II's (less than 100 miles), aftermarket: Switchblade windshield, Viking saddlebags, phone charger, driver's backrest (not... dayton.craigslist.org
Undisclosed mechanic's liens? First thing you have to do is buy new rims.
If his truck is a 5 speed standard with a v6 it would be a hard sell as there are very few people that want a standard these days. It would probably be pretty good on fuel and the 4.3 is a good engine.
New rims is funny and you are probably right. I'm doubtful of my kids ability to be new drivers and worry about shifting... If it's a decent truck I could drive it instead of the kids. Good to hear the 4.3 is good. He also said: "High beam bulbs and a cluster because a common issue gm truck thing from 99 through 06 gauges stop to work, and besides two of the 6 of them in the truck is under 100,000 miles and has aftermarket radio as well as back up camera that cost me over $650 with installation then you have the rims and tires that costed me over $3200 and the light assemblies with the LED plus installation was over $450" I don't want to chase electrical gremlins but maybe these are easy fixes...?
Instrument clusters in those are a common failure. Yazaki North America rebuilds them readily. **** Poor solder traces are a lot of the faults as are the two connectors in the rear, (dependent upon options). The 4.3ltr V6 is a very good engine but not a powerhouse in original configuration. It can however be worked with and pull very well. The transmissions were a weak point at times but a upgraded five speed is available and basically a slip fit. Being 2wd they aren't too expensive. Look closely at the rocker panels on those trucks as they really like to rot and without sliding under and looking at the closing panel on the back side, you'd not easily see it till they need cut out and replaced. Done dozens and they are $$$ to do correctly.
$8500 for that truck is high IMO. Would you want someone that would put those wheels on a pickup tapping into the wiring harness to install a boom-boom box, "light assemblies" and a backup camera?
That was a bottom dollar truck when new and I think 4500 is still high but that really don't buy much nowadays. I would ask for a bit of cash maybe 500 he might be flavor of the week and want your bike. My daughter is 14 and can drive my one ton manual truck.
My Granddaughter is learing to drive my 64 B-61 Mack w/5&4 transmissions on the property as of recent. We need work of course, but once started out the clutch isn't needed. Truck has been the yard horse for years.
Usually when people have been adding LED's, remote starts, cameras, radios and such the wiring harness is pretty well hacked up. Expect to find lots of scotch locks and electrical tape. If you get lucky you might even find wire nuts! Usually with those types the first thing I do is start ripping out aftermarket nonsense and cleaning up the wiring. Up north the Chevy's from that era are pretty bad for rusting out the brake and fuel lines. There is no 2004 Wisconsin GM truck with the original brake and fuel lines. None. That might not be an issue in KY, but it's worth a look. Try to see the rear brake line where it runs inside the frame behind the fuel tank . And those rims. Those have to go . . . lol
You guys are funny. I was thinking similarly about the homegrown wiring possibly causing tons of other issues. I really appreciate you guys's notes. I think I'll likely pass on this one. I'm not really looking for this kind of truck and I haven't conversed with the guy enough yet to know if he'd be driving it up to me or if we were meeting somewhere or what and that makes me nervous. I don't want to drive deep into the heart of Kentucky to see that this truck is BS, not to mention potentially being murdered and having my bike stolen.
I would say that truck is pretty rusty underneath bumper rusted thru,wise decision to pass.
Well I did pass on it and while I was expecting some attitude for passing I didn't get any. It was refreshing to say no thanks and get an "OK".
Lol