Hi I searched but couldn't find anything relevant. What CFM or size compressor do you guys run to clean out your machines.
I am not sure what you are asking but I use my leaf blower.
Air compressors aren't that commonly used to clean equipment, maybe something something to do with dirt flying around everywhere. Farmers will use a 185 cfm or so trailer compressor to blow off combines especially, but also other equipment that builds up chaff and dust, to prevent fires, reduce weed seeds carried between fields, or clean at the end of season to reduce corrosion or rodents. The most common use for air is blowing out radiators, and any size tank will work for that, just a little more waiting with smaller ones.
We have a couple of Milwaukee 18V leaf blowers we use to blow out filters and cabs. The job boxes have 2 tank wheel barrow gas powered compressors to feed the grease kegs and other air needs.
10 gallon minimum tank size would be my suggestion, as much as you have room for. I'm running a DeWalt 15-20 gallon 5+ cfm 225 psi 1.6 hp in my service truck. Not a lot of capacity for my Filter Blaster but it gets me by just fine. Rarely used for pnuematic tools but daily for the grease keg pump. The leaf blower and pressure washer do the bulk of any cleaning needs. Electricity is provided by my pto driven welder/generator.
Thanks for all the replies everyone this gives me plenty to think about.