In this day and age, what are these sprocket puller actually worth. Obviously someone thought SFA since it was turned into a very dangerous press and it looks to be the smaller 72/55 ton model. Although there looks to be a steering clutch hub puller in the lot as well. https://www.tvaa.com.au/auctions/1520/lot/1686-Hydraulic-Workshop-Press
Well, the auction is up to $2375 aus. now.
I looks like a home made H frame press where someone adapted a sprocket puller ran to. I don't know about the markets down under but have found a new Dake 100 ton electro hydraulic press with an asking price of $16,239.39 on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/b/Dake-Hydraulic-Presses/bn_7024768097 The bid price in US dollars is about $1623.43 which is funny because that is 10% of the eBay price. That is about what I've seen any used tooling go for in the auction markets. It's very seldom that they make more than 20% of new items.
I was at a auction and had to leave for a half hour when i got back my buddy told me i was going to be mad a 100 ton press sold for $ 150.00. Every thing went high but the press didnt bring scrap price. I ask another buddy why he didnt buy it he said he had left also but $350.00 was what he payed the new owner for it.
I was referring to removing the puller and using it for it's intended purpose. The way it is set up as a press looks quite dangerous to me. What is the sprocket/clutch hub pulling gear worth? Given Cat has not really made machines that need it for about 35 years (disregarding the D6D and D7G which they made into the noughties). Komatsu about the same time period.
The photos don't show how the ram is attached to the press. If someone welded on the ram, the whole thing is likely worth what it weighs.
If you are the kind of guy that likes to spend countless hours rebuilding and building or finding missing parts its worth $ 500.00 to a grand.
I suspect it would be. At 10 000psi not the sort of thing you want to risk letting go. I imagine the tube and end on those high PSI rams are all forged from a single piece.