This may have been covered before, but I haven't seen it (although im not the greatest website navigator), but I was wondering what kind of tracks these are called and what they're for.
Okay, that picture didn't come out very good, so here is the link: http://www.apolloequipment.net/categorys/dozer.htm If you click on the picture you can see more.
Pyramid pads so you can walk on water, for poor footing conditions
here in denmark we call them swamp pads it gives you up to three times the surface on your pads because of the pyramide shape when you run on something like this and your dozer still gets stuck do NOT jump out then you wil disappere
Thanks for the link vantage, I must have just missed it.
I gotta ask this grunk36...would this be speaking from experience? :cool2
yeah i have tryed it a couple of times jumping out in a hurry without thinking and find myself stuck to up over my knees i cannot reccommend it your coworkers gets a good laugh and can feel free to take all the pictures they want before they dig you up again :Banghead:Banghead
LoL, yeah, that's what I thought. When your sunk up to knees in muck...your stuck like a fence post. :yup
Just to back up whats already been stated. Downunder we call them either swamp tracks or LGP (Low Ground Pressure). Also have to agree with grunk36 because I have been caught in the same instance a couple of times myself.
everyones got it covered... great for walking on the softest mud out there and keep you moving through it. not the best on hard ground though...
Ever seen a set on a dozer this big? Looks to be a D7G or D8K....