Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What are these???

Deere470D LC ยท 2012-04-09 18:36

I have seen these machines that have big arms and look like log loaders but are for pipe what are they??

Replies6
  1. #1buckfever2012-04-09 19:33

    Are you talking about the vacume pipe handlers? I'v seen them used for loading and unloading truck loads of the pipe they put in the ground.

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2012-04-09 19:51

    They are pipe loaders Really, they are pretty much the same as a log loader, but used for pipe.

  3. #3DirtHauler2012-04-09 20:22

    did it look something like the pettibone? http://www.gopettibone.com/cary-lift/ I worked a job for Kiewit where 2 of these handled the 70' long piles quite well.

  4. #4JDOFMEMI2012-04-09 20:29

    I was thinking maybe something like these http://mpiequipment.com/forestry/letourneau-log-stackerpipe-handlers/ They run some like this at the precast pipe yards around here handling the sections of reinforced concrete pipe.

  5. #5Deere470D LC2012-04-09 22:15
  6. #6Deere500a2012-04-09 22:48

    See link post #4. Old Pettibones^