Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What are these capped off lines for?

dixon700 ยท 2014-05-25 03:03

Here's a pic. The extendahoe lines run below them, so what are these lines used for? Another set of flow out and return?

Replies11
  1. #1Belooky2014-05-25 03:40

    Possibly for attachments? Like a hammer or most likely a hydraulic thumb maybe

  2. #2Bill Smith2014-05-25 08:34

    Yup

  3. #3dixon7002014-05-25 11:51

    That's interesting... I don't believe I would ever have use for a jack hammer, but possibly a cutter or a rototiller or something like that, but I was thinking of building a quick attach for the front and using the 4 in 1 lines. So say I would want to run some attachment on the hoe, would I just pin the extendahoe, hook up to these lines then use the extendahoe lever to run the attachment? Others have said to t the extendahoe lines, but if these lines are there I could just use them

  4. #4John C.2014-05-25 12:34

    The E stick has those teed into the feed for the extension cylinder. There should be an extra pin and hole somewhere on the stick that when the pin is installed the extension won't move so the oil will feed something through those lines.

  5. #5FrDen2014-05-28 03:56

    Most likely this line is designed for hanging other equipment with an extended finger ...

  6. #6sr-oz2014-05-28 06:25

    You could also attach an auger drive to these lines and dig some post holes.

  7. #7dixon7002014-05-28 11:15

    I figured being at 36gpm there probably isn't too many attachments it couldn't run. I have searched the web and haven't found any attachments designed for the 580sk other than different size buckets. Am I searching the wrong places? I just wanted an idea how much I could get an auger or maybe a brush cutter or something, but have found nothing. Also can attachments be used with the e-hoe pinned extended or can it only be used with it pinned retracted?

  8. #8dixon7002014-05-28 11:17

    Oh also I might build a hydraulic thumb for this, that would be cool to have. I was originally thinking of just a manual thumb, but Idt it would take much more for a hydraulic thumb getting cylinder size and position correct might be a little tricky, but I think I'll be up to the task.

  9. #9dixon7002014-06-08 12:30

    After some looking at the machine and a little research those capped off lines run to the coneqtec auxiliary valve that's in the right step. It says it's used for 1 direction hydraulic flow, so that wouldn't run a thumb then right? It would run an auger, brush cutter, Jack hammer and probably a few other things that I can't find any of. Everything I see is for 3pt hitch or skid steer quick attach. Idk if my auxiliary even works, the valve just kind of floats around in the right step. Looks like the bolts fell out, then when I bought it there is a piece of duct tape on the dash that says hammer doesn't work, so I'm guessing there may be issues with my aux. Circuits.

  10. #10Tinkerer2014-06-08 15:36

    It may have been problems with the hammer that was on it. Get everything bolted down and put a pressure gauge on the pressurized pipe.

  11. #11dixon7002014-07-21 22:42

    Where would one find a decent hydraulic psi/or flow meter for a good price?