Owner?Operator, Operator, surveyor, engineer, municipal/government position, laborer, soils tester ....maybe sumthin else or just undecided/maybe someday (a fan of). I was going to start a poll cuz I'm curious but I ether don't know how to do it or don't have permission too start polls on this site cuz I see nothin to click on to do it. So no poll but post your replies anyways with your position....and better yet how you got it.
Farmer.........lots of work, for little money!!!
Brian, when you click on new thread in the options down the page is a box to tick for "yes, post a poll with this thread"...after that its so easy even a spider hoe operator could do it.. I'll see if I can set it up for you....after I cook dinner
Owner operator running a masonry company.:beatsme
How's that Brian?
lol Cool, thanks Squizzy
Hi Brian, hope you being around doesnt mean your short of work it is pretty sad out there at the moment but hope you are keeping going. How I got it ran out of people that would employee me so I had to buy my own :lmao:lmao :notworthy
Dang you beat me to it Brian, was just thinking this the other day, well kinda along the same lines. I'm the earth moving and utility foreman for a large concrete and rock products company. I take care of all the quarry stripping, road building, land clearning, etc. I'm kinda a go to man for filling in as well. I can and will work in the crushing, do shop work, welding, driving truck, and pretty much anything else that needs to be done. Trbo
operator.
I am a Man.... figured I would add that in there :drinkup But someday I hope to achieve supreme overlord picture poster status on here.
I'm in the real dirty end of the dirt game!! I'm a Heavy equipment mechanic!! (Plant fitter). I run my own business doing service and repairs to a wide range of machinery, specializing in Line boring!
i'm in the forstry biz but not one of them fancy spider operators lol skidder operator and cutter
I'm also in the down and dirty end of the bizz sorta like cps said, but I don't specialize in any type or brand! Just wrenching and welding or whatever puts the food on the table today!!
Well I'm mostly a crane op, but somehow that always transforms into running anything around with keys and a engine. Also in equipment I think everyone becomes a mechanic, welder, hydraulic specialist, and electrician. If none of that fixes it, get a bigger hammer.
Owner operator. Also....."big dummy" Have been complimented once or twice too.
I am a mechanic for a utility company that does sewer work, mainly pipe bursting and slip lining, but I own my own dump truck company (1 truck!), have a 955K track loader, part owner in the family's horse farm, which all together can be summed up that I like to make money and I like to spend money!
I own a consulting company here in Alberta working for impy oil most of the time. I also still own part of a mid sized earth moving company but am being slowly bought out by the new owners
Excavator owner operator since 1988. 1st. 1984 792 JohnDeere 2nd. 1995 Cat 330L Next? Suggestions?
ddigger, hey i have a 330L also. My suggestion to go with it would be a D5 size bulldozer. I bought one last fall, to bad the motor and torque convertor had to be rebuilt already. That stinks. Owner-operator, 330L, D9G, 16G, 637C, and a D5H that should be out of the operating room in the next week or so. The 16G is my main ride doing ag work, when it's dry enough and there aren't crops in the fields.
Owner/operator with 2 staff as well. cat 305ccr,311cu,216 skid steer,d3cxl dozer and 2 tip trucks.
not in the dirt industry, but want to be so bad I can taste it! Have been doin everything I can to learn as much as I can so I can perform when I finally get the opportunity. Currently...big title here "Senior Lead Geek Squad Advance Certified Caf-fi Installation Technition" Fancy way of saying I run the Install Bay, & fight with Management.
Owner/operator, crushing, earth moving, fenceline clearing, grading, dam cleaning and filling, farm road building, gradually shifting to "lacky" operator as my son takes over the running of the business. We have one employee. Rn'R.
Soon to be on the dirty end of things, I'm currently in school to be a mechanic....Can't wait to start!
Operator...Cat,scraper,hoe,grader just about anything that says Caterpillar on the front , have worked in a mill also ,run butt n top ,wheel loader, high lift clam loaders and the big overhead portal cranes for unloading log trucks. Oh and spent alot of time in the slasher turning tree length logs into 8 footers
Field Engineer that has been spending way to much time inside lately (stupid design work).
Operator now run a case 580 on a utility crew laying in gas main. Will do anything or run anything I can do to help get things done. I'm 20 now, hope to be an Owner/operator within the next couple years.
owner/operator rightaway contractor
Superintendent,family owned business, sewer/watermain contractors.
Owner and Operator. And we do anything that involves iron, big or small.
Operations manager, and Owner operator on the side. Hope to make this full time soon.
Sorry for the late response Rob. I had a really slow winter, picking up now though. I haven't been around much because I found a few other industry related sites that I really enjoy as well. So now I post in them all sporadically. I have also been working on building a new multi site network aimed at promoting Owner/Operators....and I discovered Facebook Myself I spent about 15 years as an Operator in Heavy Construction before becoming Owner/Operator.
Good to hear that Brian :thumbsup I only learnt what Facebook was when my daughter went to work in the French Alps for the winter its how she stays in touch. :drinkup
Owner operator for two company's, 1 Tractor trailer hauling gasoline 2 One of those funny spyder hoe things.
Just a one man show here . Owner, operator, welder, mechanic, dump truck driver , and whatever else is needed to get this business started . :cool2
hungry operator, half assed wrench/weldor, and male model.
would love to have my own machines..... but stuck with runnin someone elses:Banghead
I am actually a student in a vocational school taking heavy equipment operations. Next year when I come back in as a senior I plan to go out on placement and get a job working for a company as a hoe operator hopefully.
Operator. I currently run an excavator, skid loader and forklift at an industrial metal recycler in SoCal. Want to find a job running a blade or even a nice relaxing gig operating a big dozer someday soon.
What the hell is a spiderhoe?!?
Man you aint seen nothing yet, feel brave? ............. Hit the link http://spyderhoesolutions.ca/
Operator, started out in Local 302 in Nome, Alaska in 1982. Traveled with Peter Kiewit to Ca. Ore, Nevada and Utah. Joined Local 3 in Utah in 1990 and traveled with Granite for a lot of years and spent a few years in Northern California with Independent Construction Co. About 10,000 hrs on 992 loader, about 15,000 hrs on dozers and about another 12,000 hrs on excavators . . . an old geezer?
Not unless you started late in life thats hardly ten years service in muckshift hours Welcome aboard, have you got any pictures from your travels that you would care to share. :drinkup
"Not unless you started late in life thats hardly ten years service in muckshift hours" Thanks for the welcome AtlasRob. Ya, I have always been a seasonal guy, try to play in the winters. No pics in this computer, I got some around but will have to scan them in. You might find this pic interesting, it is part of a D11R training booklet I am working on . . .
County Government employee here. Too many hobbies. Backhoe, Skid loader,1 ton Dump, Motorcycle customizer
Been on equipment since I was a kid but am currently an IUOE apprentice that's getting close to heading back to work in the dirt. I am feeling the urge to get after it right now. Enjoyed my winter off but it's definately time to start slinging the goods.
Teacher I have been teaching high school for the past 11 years. Before that I was a machinist. I have some property in the North GA Mountains (foothills) and use a Bobcat 863 to help maintain it. It was a big change from a Kubota L2900 tractor to a 863. It is by far the most fun piece of "work" equipment I have ever operated. Of course when I am finished working with it I tell my wife about all the "Work" I accomplished that day! Who knows...if this teaching thing doesen't work out, maybe get a trailer and.....:idea