Looking at two SS one is a case 1845c 99 1600hrs (6300.00)looks good runs good and one is a 863 hi flow rusty 2500 hrs runs well (7400). The case does not have the hi flow so trying to think ahead when needed to rent attachments. I know bush hog, stump grinder, trencher uses hi flow, but what else. do you think all attachments in the near future will require hi-flow? I currently need to use rock hound and post hole digger , but trying to think ahead before purchase. Leaning towards the case right now, but don't want to end up with and obsolete machine in a year or two.
A cold mill and some snowblowers are two I can think of off hand. I don't see all attachments going to high flow, but those requiring substantial power for hydraulic motors will be.
Got some friends in the concrete cutting business...one has a saw that requires high flow and the other uses his HF machine as a hydraulic power unit for some other saws and drills. Some chippers, planers, and I think a new trenching attachment are high flow
Not all trenchers are high flow some can be had either way, same applies to almost all attachments, even mulchers can be had with low flow. The low flow on an 1845C was around 16 gpm I believe. So you don't have whole lot of flow. The 1845C is nice in that you can add high flow after the fact. The newer machines are not that way. I have added high flow to three different 1840's. So even if you get the 1845C, if you decide you want high flow its adaptable. Be advised though your not making the psi and gpm that newer machines make. The 1845C was 56 hp naturely aspirated, I think the psi is 2500 made around 30 gpm, don't quote me been awhile since I have had one. A new 465 makes 22 gpm at the regular aux. hyd. and 41.5 or so at the high flow at just over 3000 psi. The moral of the story is you will not see the performance that the attachment is capable of, as most attachments are speced with more current machines flows and pressures.
adding hi flow So you can add hi flow to case 1845c? could you explain over all whats involved and cost? is it adding the pump, valve and hoses? The only other attach I see using would be a hydraulic breaker, i think there low flow? I looked it up and adding hi flow not to bad except for the valve which is 1700.00 wow
to answer the initial question if we are talking bobcat branded attachments then most of them dont require hiflow but it sure helps... the profiler is the main exception i know of, it needs all the flow you can give it. things like the soil conditioner run at std flow but work better with more flow, you can push the material faster if you are working soil that has not been compacted. its more important you match the hammer to your flow, while they work with less than optimal flow, they dont work as well.
You might try one those nationwide used parts bone yards you see advertised. I would be willing to bet there is a high flow machine laying in someones yard. I bought the kits from CASE and had them install them. They were then about 2500 installed. That was in the mid 90's