Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What belt for Case 1845c? Can’t find the correct one!

Larpy ยท 2020-06-13 23:43

I have ordered two belts for my 1997 Case 1845c & both are the wrong size. Anyone order a belt lately? The two I ordered are too big. The last belt was a J911559 which is obviously wrong. Am I doing something wrong after reassembly?

Replies12
  1. #1heymccall2020-06-14 08:08

    I recall the tensioner being closer to the water pump.

  2. #2Larpy2020-06-14 08:37

    I double checked the placement and it is correct. That was my initial thought.

  3. #3kshansen2020-06-15 12:32

    Probably the two you already have tried but the Case Web site calls for either J911558 or J911559 depending on the cooling fan set up.

  4. #4kshansen2020-06-15 12:59

    Not that it is going to help but here is a picture I found that does agree with how yours is positioned and routed! The two part numbers I find are J911558 and J911559 which I would assume are the two numbers you tried.

  5. #5kshansen2020-06-15 13:27

    Just for information I crossed both those Case numbers to NAPA numbers and they show the J911558 that changes to a NAPA number 25080590HD to be the belt for a 1845C. Also I looked in the dimensions section and that one is listed as 59.511 inch Outside Circumference The J911559 is a 62.642 inch Outside Circumference belt. Just wondering if the belts you got were miss-marked or in wrong package, did you confirm the number on the package was the same as the one on the belts?

  6. #6Larpy2020-06-16 00:11

    Here is what I found from the Case 1845C Facebook page: I ordered the J911559 and they were too big. Tried to different manufacturers. My belt measured 29.5" folded in half. A member on the page suggested the Gates K080594. He uses that one on his 1845C. It has the same measurement as my belt so I am going to try that. Should be here in a few days! Hopefully it works. Thanks for your help

  7. #7heymccall2020-06-16 00:15

    J911559 crosses to 25080620 @ 62.642 outside measurements. J911558 crosses to 25080590 @ 59.521" outside measurement. K080594 crosses to 25080594 @ 59.968" outside measurement.

  8. #8Larpy2020-06-16 00:17

    Looks like the J91158 is my belt. I sm interested to sr what my other two 1845Cs are using.

  9. #9Larpy2020-06-16 01:24

    I will post when I get the new on in a few days.

  10. #10colson042024-07-28 13:56

    Any updates Larpy? I'm sorting out a belt issue with one of our 1845c skid steers right now too

  11. #11Tinkerer2024-07-28 15:52

    prolly need to send him a pm. He hasn't logged on since December , 2020

  12. #12colson042024-07-28 15:55

    I saw that after I replied to the message.