Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

what bucket

jocko165 ยท 2014-05-14 13:25

brand new here folks so i apologize in advance if i do something stupid. i recently purchased what i believe is a 1989 ford 555B backhoe. I want to get a 12" bucket for it but they are all a long way from where i am. do i have to use a bucket made for a ford or can i buy any bucket and use it? I know pin sizes vary from brand to brand but are the hole patterns on the buckets all centered the same?

Replies7
  1. #11466IH2014-05-14 13:43

    The spacing is different also if you can find a bucket close to you that is the right size you can always cut the old ears off and make new ones. If this isn't a machine that gets used daily you don't really need to machine the pin bores perfectly. I have used hole saws the correct size before for pins. It won't have as tight of a fit but I will still work here is what I use a lot http://www.milwaukeetool.com/access...+accessories#/accessories/drilling/49-22-4185 Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  2. #2diggerdave19582014-05-14 15:24

    Hey, jocko. Keep your eye on Ebay and check out local auctions never know what you will find and sometimes you can pickup used buckets pretty cheap at a auction. Good luck and keep us posted as to how it goes!!!! Thanks, Diggerdave

  3. #3Acivil2014-05-14 20:24

    ebay, craigslist, then stick that bad boy on a uship truck just passing through for 50 bucks or something!

  4. #4jocko1652014-05-15 12:19

    diggerdave, i think i know every bucket in a 500 mile radius on ebay by heart. found one for a cat thats on my way home and priced ok but if it wont fit...

  5. #5jocko1652014-05-15 12:21

    a "uship truck"? not sure what that is. guy in NY has one but says its $250 to ship

  6. #61466IH2014-05-15 12:53

    Here you go http://www.uship.com/

  7. #7diggerdave19582014-05-15 23:45

    Hey, jacko165. There are a couple of small used equipment yards in my area that have a few used buckets and when I get a chance I will go and see what they have if I find something I will take a pic and post it here for you. Thanks, Dave