Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

what can I expect for wages in sioux falls SD

wyley187 · 2009-06-15 12:11

HI all, I just landed a job in Sioux falls SD with a fairly large contractor, I am going in tommorow to fill out the rest of the paperwork and such...I am a union operator from MN, so this is going to be a little different for me, How much can I expect/ask for an hourly wage??I really have no idea what these guys are making out here, I obviously don't want to work for nothing but I realize that I won't be getting $29/hr either. I have 15 years of experience if that helps...Can anyone answer this for me please??????? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1joispoi2009-06-15 13:28

    If you haven´t already, I would ask your union rep. Wouldn´t they have a contact in SD that could tell you the prevailing wage for your experience?

  2. #2wyley1872009-06-15 13:54

    Well maybe but I think they'd pretty much just tell me what the UNION wages would be...this is a non-union firm I'm going to work for. And as far as I can tell from reading around SD doesn't have a prevailing wage except on fed funded projects and I won't be working on any.